Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Photographer from Geneva
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:58 am    Post subject: Photographer from Geneva Reply with quote

I am looking from Geneva, Italy a photographer who able to photograph two statues in cemetery to my friend.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you mean Genova, Italy?

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:

Yes, thank you for fix.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thread title still says Geneva, though, might be better to fix it...

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:

that's Genoa in English. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, right! Why do those G-cities have different names in all languages?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laugh 1 Actually a guy from Mexico did ask me to catch photographer at G city Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:
Hehe, right! Why do those G-cities have different names in all languages?

because each language somehow adapts local names to its own rythm and peculiarities. Plus they often sound the same but the names are different in origin.

Btw, inhabitants of Genova (italian) call it Zena (genovese language) so you have to account for the real local name of all italian towns, not to mention their latin era name and maybe their older names (greek, celtic, italic , etruscan etc).

Often such names are used locally either by people speaking local languages or in formal, erudite or sports contexts for the latin and pre roman names.

welcome to Italy ..