Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Photax Boyer 6x9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Photax Boyer 6x9 Reply with quote

On a Finnish auction site, there´s two Photax Boyer cameras to be sold.
They look interesting, body made of bakelite, using 620 film. Lens Boyer series VIII, two shutter times, two aperture settings.

Does anyone have any experiences with these?

http://www.huuto.net/fi/showitem.php3?itemid=96261314

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some of them (as well as other Bakelite box-types) which I picked up along with other cameras - nothing interesting about them except for their streamline design. Camera wise, these are basic box type cameras with fixed-focus meniscus lenses (that helicoid will only extract the collapsible lens to the hyperfocal point, and cannot be used to focus) - and thanks to their construction and material, they are almost impossible to repair or modify.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very , very poor results (holga grade... Mr. Green ) In France you can find it for nothing on flea-markets . Without any interest , but never say ... "Photaxgraphy" ?
I gave my copies to a collector ... If you want one , wait the next flea-market season (March ) , and I'll send you one copy !

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I think I´ll skip this one!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helios wrote:
Very , very poor results (holga grade... Mr. Green ) In France you can find it for nothing on flea-markets . Without any interest , but never say ... "Photaxgraphy" ?
I gave my copies to a collector ... If you want one , wait the next flea-market season (March ) , and I'll send you one copy !

Hi Helios,

I really like these strange toy cameras. Keep me in mind when the season comes around. I'l love to have one. Just let me know what is the cost and cost to ship to the US.

Thanks Much.

Jules

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi lulalake , the cost of shipping would be 5 times the cost of this "thing" ...."Economical" cost is 14,5 € ! Photax are beetween 1 and 5 .... (Zenit are often at this price too, l paid 2€ for a 122 , in november 2008 ...)
However , I have an opportunity to give the camera to my sister in law , she comes 3-4 times in France a year . then send it to you by us mail ... from N.J.
The most common is the Photax III
Let's see this url for this camera : (english text)
http://www.collection-appareils.fr/miom/html/photax_III.php
You can see the prices really paid by collectors in the Q/A under .
First flea-market in my "county" takes place next sunday , but I don't move for only one . Middle/end of March is the real starting of the "season" . I wrote this "order" in my "flea market orders booklet"...(true) !
Mr. Green Very Happy