Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Petri's bokeh
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Petri's bokeh Reply with quote

I was surprised by quality of image when I've made first shots with Petri 2.8/45. Sample from this lens are here: http://forum.mflenses.com/my-lenses-the-starangest-one-telelumax-then-others-t7693.html
Then I started to search for other lenses with M42. I bought two:
Petri Kuribayashi Orikkor 2.0/50 and C.C Auto Petri 1.8/55
And I am surprised again. Maybe those lenses are not so sharp compare to 2.8/45 but look at the bokeh. And not more expensive Kuribayashi Orikkor but common Petri 1.8/55 is a winner. If you will start to hunt you can get it for less the $20 including shipping. And I think - it's worth much more.

Petri Kuribayashi Orikkor 2.0/50

C.C Auto Petri 1.8/55

Not a crop - different photo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, it's difficult to bring myself to a complete conclusion regarding the bokeh, but in this group I feel the Petri KO is the better! Very Happy

However, I can't fault ANY of these for the fine standards of photography that you always produce. Your images are not just tests, they are beautifully composed artworks. Splendid.

You seem to get the most out of lenses with your setups and comps.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is very pronounced outlines in #4 and the last image... i only learned recently that this is actually undesirable...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Laurence for your very kindly opinion.
Let me explain why I ranked bokeh from CCAuto higher. Compare bottom photo to photos of garden roses you can recognized one factor. The bottom photo shows bokeh which is very visible even distance between flower at the front and rear flowers is like 1.5 inch. Distance between garden roses at the front and leaves in the BG is like more then 1 foot. Of course it's my point of view and I am not an expert just amateur - a very "green" one. It is very hard to compare different lenses. I will try to make some kind of test using different 55s with the same aperture (set to the same one) and this would be probably more valuable.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voytek
You get such nice results from your indoor shoots Shocked Maybe someime you could tell us your procedure for shooting indoors ( digi workflow etc....). Congrats on this lens it has potential. Smile