Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pergear 1.8/25mm HD.MC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 1:29 am    Post subject: Pergear 1.8/25mm HD.MC Reply with quote

I bought a Sony NEX-6 to use my Minolta lenses on, and I wanted a small dedicated E-Mount lens at about 35mm equivalent, something that would be easy to haul around. I read a lot of reviews of the various inexpensive Chinese brands, with a pretty wide range of opinions, from terrible to pretty good. I settled on the Pergear 25mm f1.8 after seeing a close comparison among about five lenses in this range, and bought it on dread Amazon for $60. I have nothing to compare this lens to other than my Rokkor and Nikkor lenses. I'd say that in terms of mid-range distances, it's not bad. Distances nearer to infinity seem to be its soft point, but I didn't really buy it for infinity focus. Its sweet point in terms of aperture seems to be f2.8 -- below and above that, it seems softer, but it could also be me trying to manually focus using focus peaking. This is from about 3-4 feet away at f1.8, about a two-thirds crop.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And my final portrait of my mother before her death this summer. I think this little lens is fantastic if the subject is relatively close.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gaeger wrote:
And my final portrait of my mother before her death this summer. I think this little lens is fantastic if the subject is relatively close.

Condolences for your loss.

Regarding the Pergear, I think your results are excellent.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My condolences too, Gil.