Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentor 2.8/100mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Pentor 2.8/100mm Reply with quote

This Pentor lens, believed by some, including me, to be a Tomioka is surprising good. These first shots from my weekend walkabout downtown Charleston...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good indeed, usually 50-135mm is pretty good from any brand even from 'noname' ones like this.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a surprise that Pentor does not exist anymore. It's just a bad sounding name Smile

However, the lens is great and I can attest to its quality (as a fellow owner).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Peter, and feel free to add to this post. After all, it was your post on the lens that brought my attention to it. You shot full frame and I was doubtful I would get the same results, but I'm quite happy.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had another outing with this lens that produced some satisfying images. Lenses are much like new girlfriends; you give them plenty of attention at first and shoot a lot until the newness wears off. But in all honesty, this new girlfriend is a keeper.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent indeed! I especially like last one!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Attila.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Had another outing with this lens that produced some satisfying images. Lenses are much like new girlfriends; you give them plenty of attention at first and shoot a lot until the newness wears off. But in all honesty, this new girlfriend is a keeper.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Are you joking ??? All of them are keepers ...

I was talking about the lenses, of course Wink ... The picture of the rope on the boat is great ...