Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

PENTINA Camera lens?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: PENTINA Camera lens? Reply with quote

I saw good lens on PENTINA Camera mount. I never heard this mount.

Anybody knows if this kind of mount can be adapted to EOS?Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its a P6 lens.
P6 is medium format, so you need and adapter, no glass needed.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is Pentina!
Klaus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pentina was the Pentacon attempt to produce a leaf shutter SLR, similar to the West German leaf shutter SLRs. I haven't tried Pentina lenses, but Contaflex and Retina lenses have driven me off bothering to adapt leaf shutter SLR lenses - the lenses mostly are optically constrained by the shutter location and diameter, so that they perform worse than the same lens in a focal plane shutter SLR mount, and they are harder to adapt.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sevo wrote:
The Pentina was the Pentacon attempt to produce a leaf shutter SLR, similar to the West German leaf shutter SLRs. I haven't tried Pentina lenses, but Contaflex and Retina lenses have driven me off bothering to adapt leaf shutter SLR lenses - the lenses mostly are optically constrained by the shutter location and diameter, so that they perform worse than the same lens in a focal plane shutter SLR mount, and they are harder to adapt.

You have some good lenses to that cam.

4/100 UV Topcor

2,8/35 schenider - retina SRL

2/40 Skopagon - voigtlanders SRL

4,8/100 dynarex - voigtlanders SRL

2/50 Septon - Voigtlander cams.

4/135 tele xenar - retina SRL

4,8/200 - retina SRL

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I can make out, there only ever were four lenses for the Pentina - a 30mm Lydith, 50mm Tessar, 85/2.8 Jena Cardinar and 135/4 Domiron. The 85mm seems to be the only unique one among them.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could adopt to Olympus E-1 or Nikon D50 with electrical tape Laughing Laughing and I did make some pictures , leave it and look for better fit lenses , don't butcher it.

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/german/meyer/domigor/?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone, Its a domigor, like Attila's one. Yeah I'll leave it, rarity isn't my priority. The seller said top rare, function is more important Very Happy
Sevo, domiron is 50/2 if I'm not mistaken, Attila sell it in exa mount