Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax ZOCS lens on Eos 5DSR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: Pentax ZOCS lens on Eos 5DSR Reply with quote

I got this lens - a Pentax ZOCS - after seeing them on ebay. They are advertised as having fluorite lens elements and I was wondering if they would be good for UV imaging. As it turns out they don't have fluorite elements, but they do have a funky coating on one of the elements. This reflects blue and red light quite effectively and lets the green pass. It has a 210mm focal length, and no iris, but is about f4. Thankfully I paid less than the price of the helicoid for this lens, and not the hundreds of dollars some vendors have them up for sale for.

I decided to try and mount it up anyway as I've not played with these type of lenses before. It had a 67mm outside diameter, so I picked up a few bits to try and mount it - adapters from Raf and a M65 helicoid. With this and a few extension tubes I got it on to my Canon EOS 5DSR;

Given the green colour cast from reflecting red and blue light, I took a few pictures of greenery in the garden to try it out. These are my first attempts (all reduced in size from the original resolution for posting on here, and some minor processing in Photoshop for contrast and curves).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks interesting, do you know the intended use for this lens?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:
It looks interesting, do you know the intended use for this lens?

No, that's the strange thing. I've not been able to find anything definitive out about it. The only mention online is in the few adverts there are for them, and I don't really trust any information from those.