Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax K10D with M series lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Pentax K10D with M series lenses Reply with quote

My neighbour has a vivitar series 1 28-90 he has mounted to his K10d but the aperture does not stop down when it takes the photo. it will stop down with the preview button but does not appear to do it whilst taking a picture. I have looked down the lens whilst taking at f22 and you can see the aperture opening and closing quite slowly like a quarter of a second much slower than the shutter speed, any idea what to do? The aperture I would say was slightly sluggish or you might say it was damped, but there is no oil on the blades.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the only lens that your neighbor has trouble with?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we have that lens and it is great. I think you should tell him he is out of luck, buy it on the cheap, and adapt it to your Canon Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be a fatigued spring, or contamination of the leaves you can't see. The lens will have to be opened up and investigated, thats if you're game enough to do it Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob, before you consider opening the suspect lens, try another known good one on the camera and see if that combo does the same thing.

If it does, you need to look at the camera, and conversely, if it doesn't, it points to the suspect lens.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:
Bob, before you consider opening the suspect lens, try another known good one on the camera and see if that combo does the same thing.

If it does, you need to look at the camera, and conversely, if it doesn't, it points to the suspect lens.

This was the reason for my original question. I suspect your neighbor suffers from "LS" (limp spring) Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can check the lens aperture mechanism by pushing the lever like the camera does. The aperture should close and open back up quickly. If there's any slowness, it's a problem with the lens.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes when you move the aperture manually off the camera and release it returns but not instantly. it slides back to original place but doesn't snap back maybe a bit of spring tightening is in order, what I see through the viewfinder looks promissing, it is a 28 serial Komine. I am sure it will takes good pics.