Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax clip on Light meter for S1 camera
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Pentax clip on Light meter for S1 camera Reply with quote

I think this clip on meter pairs with the S1 camera,if any one can confirm this I would be most grateful.Is there a battery around that would allow me to test it?

Last edited by mo on Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep for S1 and S3 and can't remember the battery type as mine packed up many moons ago and slung it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats for this beautiful piece of equippment Mo, looks in very good condition and you even got it together with it's case!
time ago I got the same meter, it was defect, had asked for advice right here and in the end successfully repaired it: http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1176851.html#1176851
originally it was designed for 1.3 V mercury batteries, when using a 1.5V battery instead the work around is to adjust the ISO settings on the lightmeter accordingly, I had adjusted 'internally' when repairing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you,It actually came with a battery but I threw it out as I did not trust it...Silver with a yellow ring....I will have a look at your link.It also all turns and moves as it should.

Also thanks for confirming what camera it came on.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I confirm I got mine to work with an SR44 1.5 volt not long ago.
Very nice shape yours is, mine is thoroughly beat up. I've had that one since I was a teenager.
There is a variant with a squared off front; I have one of those too. Seems to be the same save for the shape.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In UK I used the Varta V625 for my pentax meter and some praktica cameras.

No idea about this seller but is the first one i got when googled in Australia.

http://au.element14.com/varta/v625u/battery-1-5v/dp/3828815

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that mercury battery went to hazardous waste. A voltmeter would've confirmed good or not; these things sometimes last "forever."

This is the first version. "Squared" version came later...

These can be used without camera, yes?

I have a nice condition spare case if anybody needs it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Varta battery linked is just a 1.5v alkaline. I buy them three for a quid on ebay. They dont last long.

I hear of some people using a silver oxide 1.3v battery and padding out the sides with a rubber band. I have used thin strips of electricians tape it works a treat.

I can get a card of about 30 different size batteries from our local pound shop About half of them can be used in cameras or meters with a bit of padding.. The tiny ones I recycle.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only find the later square version at the moment, I know I have both - somewhere. Confused

If you're going to use the meter, put some felt in the area marked. I bought a dead Spotmatic just to get the meter and lens, and the camera looked in fair condition, but when I took the meter off the camera prism was scratched to hell because it hadn't got the felt. Turning the dial of the meter must be just enough to move it slightly and scratch the camera. I just used the sticky back felt from a craft shop.