Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax AF adapter 1,7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject: Pentax AF adapter 1,7 Reply with quote

Does anyone have experience with this thing in combination with pentax lenses?
I found it in a thrift store attached to a smc pentax 135/2,5 lens.
Wondering if it is worth buying a AF pentax camera for

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this will help you further: http://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/Pentax-Rear-Teleconverter-F-1.7x-Autofocus-Adapter.html

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid a fair bit for mine, and as is often the way the used price dropped by about a third within a month.
It's a good quality TC, and the added feature of fine tuning the focus can be a bonus.

Loosing a stop & a half of light can limit the lenses the AF works with. Unfortunately my telescope won't reach prime focus with a SLR or it would have been brilliant with that, giving me AF on a ~950mm. My other long lenses are a trifle slow for it.

This year I'll give it a go for close ups, pared with a 200mm or 300mm prime it should work well for butterflies Smile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how to use one of those, I'll take it off your hands. How about a €100? Smile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I now have a pentax K10D and two of those adapters Rolling Eyes

I was excited to be able to get some results with MF lenses but I can’t get it to work.
They both work with autofocus lenses.
But when I attach a MF lens to them the F- - on the camera just blinkt and I can’t Release the schutter.

Any ideas? Probably some setting I need to change but I don’t know my way around Pentax camera’s at all :-/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you use manual lenses before on your Pentax? If not, there's a few steps to take before the camera will shoot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUE0aQBy2D4
(on my K100D, I have to use the AEL-button as it has no green button)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sjak wrote:
Did you use manual lenses before on your Pentax? If not, there's a few steps to take before the camera will shoot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUE0aQBy2D4
(on my K100D, I have to use the AEL-button as it has no green button)

Ah Thank you so much! Changing that Aperture ring setting did the trick. They work like a charm now. Will be posting my findings soon!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did a very quick first test

OK, first of all
That screen at the back of the K10D is absulute garbage Laugh 1

But viewing the pictures on the computer afterwards gave me a good first impression Wink
The adapter focusses very accurately with the 50/1.4
Pictures have clearly green CA. Not sure if that is worsened by adapter or a consequence of shooting at 1,4 (I have never used this lens before)
Need to investigate further

If anyone wants me to test with another manual pentax lens, the only other ones I got are a SMC 135/2.5 and SMC 100/2.8

The equipment:

The pics:
I only fixed the exposure as I was shooting in manual mode and it was very hard to judge on the screen... All 3 wide open

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!Karen wrote:

Pictures have clearly green CA. Not sure if that is worsened by adapter or a consequence of shooting at 1,4 (I have never used this lens before)
Maybe your first need to get a bit more familiar with the lens, then it will be easier to tell what difference the adapter makes Smile

Anyway, great that you made it work! Always great fun to play around with these things.