Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax 6X7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Hrm . . . from how far away did your camera come? I'd write to the seller about the problem in any case. Maybe they can just send you the part(s) you need for the repair?

So let's see some pics once you got 'em! Both of the camera and from the camera, that is.

OK, the camera came from Japan and the seller was super co-operative in rectifying the problem.
All fixed.
I have loaded up with the first and only roll of 120 that I had on hand - Royal X pan - and only 25 years out of date, but who's counting.
Everything seems to work as it should. Results to come eventually
OH

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, I'm not familiar with Royal X Pan, but I take it it is B&W, yes? Here's my experience in dealling with Kodak Plus X that expired in 1983. I found that if I developed it for the listed amount of time the negatives were thin looking. And I had to boost contrast a lot in PP. But then I decided to extend my development times and that worked well. I think I have maybe one or two rolls of this Plus X left and what I do now is I'll develop it for 1 minute longer than the recommended time. That gives me a negative with good density. About the only other thing I noticed with my Plus X, which is 35mm, is a tendency for cupping, which doesn't really go away. So this may be something you'll find with your Royal X Pan. I've noticed with my 120 and 220 film, whether slides or B&W, that the film will cup severely as it's drying out, but then shortly later it will relax and go flat as a sheet. Hopefully yours will do the same.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips Michael.
Did I say that the film was out of date - my math was way out.
It is 36 years expired Very Happy
Very fast film - very very clumpy grain when I used it last.
OH

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I found a 4/45 to go with the Pentax 67.
I am looking forward to using it.
OH

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks just like mine. I suspect you'll like it. I really like mine.