Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax 110 lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject: Pentax 110 lenses Reply with quote

Found these in an antique shop for 4euro's.
The adapter is way more expensive and even then you don't have aparture so I am a bit in doubt on wether or not I am going to keep these. (I searched the forum for sample photo's but the images are gone).
They are rediculously cute though!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the two best lenses of the Pentax 110 lineup. They do well on m43 sensors with adapters with built in aperture. Wink

Here is mine:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sample from 50mm

18mm...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great looking images!!

For Nex I cannot find an adapter with built in aparture Sad

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
These are the two best lenses of the Pentax 110 lineup. They do well on m43 sensors with adapters with built in aperture.

Only two images were posted but they are totally convincing. Bravo.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you cant an adapter with an aperture, don't worry, just make one Wink if it all gets to hard, I'll buy those of you for 7 units of that currency you mentioned Razz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don`t think they will be that good on the NEX, probably bad corners and perhaps som vignetting too. The 110 film size is close to the size of the m43 and the 24mm lens was the normal lens on this system compared to 25mm on m43.

I have used mine quite a lot on my PEN and OM-D, they are cute and nice to bring if size matters Very Happy
The 70mm is also ok, but the 24mm and the zoom is not that good IMHO.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!Karen wrote:
Great looking images!!

For Nex I cannot find an adapter with built in aparture Sad

This maybe of help Karen Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These lenses are tiny, look like toys, but they really good on nex.
I have all of them (no zoom) and used 24mm for a while.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. Little gems, they are.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are poor on the NEX, APS-C is pushing their coverage so the edges are poor.If they had apertures, they might work better on the NEX, but without, at 2.8, they are for novelty use only really, sharp only in the central portion with strong CA on the edges.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for info
They'll just go in the display then Smile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Pentax 110 lenses Reply with quote

!Karen wrote:
Found these in an antique shop for 4euro's.
The adapter is way more expensive and even then you don't have aparture so I am a bit in doubt on wether or not I am going to keep these. (I searched the forum for sample photo's but the images are gone).
They are rediculously cute though!

Shame on you for having stolen from that poor-but-honest antique shop proprietor! Wink

Seriously, you did great to get those lenses for only 4€. What a splendid find!

One thing, though:

Oftentimes you see with the 110 lenses, not all of them, but you see now and then a "shrink crack" in the plastic barrel. This does not really impact performance, but it is a minor negative. If your lenses are uncracked, so much the better.

Certainly you should keep your lenses, BTW. And do not worry regarding absence of a variable aperture. The lenses work well wide open, and you can always fab up an aperture with minimal effort if you determine later it has become a "must have".

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

70mm is very challenging lens. But when things go right way results are quite pleasing. Few BW at F2.8 on my NEX today.
Click on it twice for larger version.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are good!! Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
70mm is very challenging lens. But when things go right way results are quite pleasing. Few BW at F2.8 on my NEX today.

Certainly shows that you have a very useable portrait lens, and at around 105 f4 full-frame-equivalent in a fairly tiny package, I imagine it is pretty inconspicuous. B+W may be a good idea to reduce aberrations etc.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I was inspired by:

LucisPictor wrote:

I LOVE those lenses and their very special character!!

Here is what you can get with the 2.8/70 and some very basic post-production (levels, downsizing and slight re-sharpening):

Oma 2012 by LucisPictor, on Flickr

My mom.

And the "70" can whirl:

Pentax-110 2.8/70 @ NEX-7 by LucisPictor, on Flickr
Wink

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know if there is such a thing as a 110 to Q adapter with aperture? Nordentro showed a 110-M4/3 one, but I can't find a Q one. I want to use the 18 and 24 on my Q7 as they are so small, but without aperture, they are kinda useless.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Anyone know if there is such a thing as a 110 to Q adapter with aperture? Nordentro showed a 110-M4/3 one, but I can't find a Q one. I want to use the 18 and 24 on my Q7 as they are so small, but without aperture, they are kinda useless.

You can buy a M4/3 adapter and print the M43 Lens to Pentax Q Adapter yourself. Wink
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:534335

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't got a 3D printer and I don't know anywhere within 100 miles that does.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

Click here to see on Ebay

But no aperture. Sad