Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentacon 4/300 with heretic aperture blades
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Pentacon 4/300 with heretic aperture blades Reply with quote

Hi,

I have recently got a nice Pentacon 4/300, huge and masive lens in good shape. At purchase time, it was working nerly perfect, but once at home, while trying it on my dSRL, I hear a small "click" sound, then I got a shock because 3 of the 19 aperture blades went off their rail guide. They are not broken as far as I can see. Probably they got sticked each other because of sticky oil on it, thing that it is difficult to sense with that big apreture ring.

Do you have any idea how can I access to the apperture mecanism in order to clean and fix it, without removing any lens ? Optical formulae of this lens is simple so it should not be that hard...

Any help much appreciated !

Florent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never opened this kind of lens , but these kind of lenses are quite simple mostly you can split lenses from aperture parts try to find small screws on barel. Worst news I couldn't fix same problem on a Steinheil Culminar 85mm lens one blade damage is enough .. Good luck !