Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pancolar 50/2.0 vs. 50/1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Pancolar 50/2.0 vs. 50/1.8 Reply with quote

Hi All,

A question, if I may, for folks who own both the CZJ Pancolar 50/2 and 50/1.8.

I'm wondering if you find the character of the two lenses appreciably different. Or are they true twins, two-tenths of an f-stop apart?

To put it another way: I own the 50/1.8 (two versions, to be precise). Is there any reason, do you suppose, to consider owning the 2.0 as well?

I've done my due diligence, viewing representative images from the 2.0, but in this case I would very much welcome the subjective impressions of my MFL colleagues.

Thanks!

Jon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both are into the best 50 mm lenses.

the 2/50 ins't MC, and the formula is 6/4. Very similar rendering to the CZ planar 2/50 for contarex. In my taste the best F is 8

The 1,8/50 black is MC (not the zebra ones). More contrast than the 2/50. The formula is 6/5. For me, the best F is 5,6.

Any of them is a real good lens.

Rino.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here a very quick test using all three Pancos wide-open. Full frame. Rainy conditions and WB fixed on cloudy.

MC version was 1/100s faster. Zebra and 2.0 the same speed. 2.0 shows some lack of corner sharpness. My version looks uncoated but results seems nice with natural rainy leaves. Funny is that colors produced are very similar to MC version. Though zebra is very warm it's glass doesn't look yellow which i find a bit surprising.

Big photos in over-sized gallery: http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic,p,1068504.html#1068504

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomorrow i will get my Pancolar 1.8 black Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never had the 1.8 but had the f2 50mm pancolar in zebra finish for exakta .

very sharp even at f2 and very vivid colors.

a joy to shoot with
Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

Thanks so much for the replies! They're much appreciated.

@pancolart: special thanks for so kindly posting those samples - they're awfully helpful.

Cheers,

Jon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: 7x Pancolar 1.8/50mm zebra comparison Reply with quote

Here is my collection of working Pancos zebra. I will assign myself very stupid task of finding the best one among them.
So watch further posts only if you are into Pancos mania.

All are for sale if i may add. I decided that since the yellow element inside the lens should be exposed to light
more often than i am able to provide. Details of sale will be given in New Marketplace after test is completed.
I hope such subtle way of propaganda is allowed Wink ?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are beautiful. Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesss, they are!! Surprised