Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Panagor Auto Wide-Angle 35mm f/2 (M42)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Panagor Auto Wide-Angle 35mm f/2 (M42) Reply with quote

Have tested a Panagor Auto Wide-Angle 35mm f/2 which has a M42 mount.

Below are some of the test shots taken with this lens.
The B&W pictures are analog and are taken with a Chinon CEII Memotron, AGFA CINEREX (X-ray film) and developed in X-tol.
Color shots are digital and are taken with a Canon 500D with lens mount adapter.

My review has more and hires images and can be found here if you're interested: http://blog.bkspicture.com/review_Panagor_Auto_Wide-Angle_35mm_f2_M42.html

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last shot is great!
Good lens, deserves a try,

Renato

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
Yes I really like this one.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panagor is often associated with Kino optical (kiron) do you think this is a kiron lens Bengt? The lens actually has the same style as my panagor 135mm f2.8, silver aperture ring etc. but I have no idea if that's a kino made lens either.

Last edited by marcusBMG on Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see some excellent detail in the B&W and beautiful color rendition in the others. Keep it, use it. Smile

Could be a Kino/Kiron but the color rendition reminds me of Komine.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frenched wrote:
I see some excellent detail in the B&W and beautiful color rendition in the others. Keep it, use it. Smile

Could be a Kino/Kiron but the color rendition reminds me of Komine.

+1. It is the same lens as Vivitar 35mm F1.9, Komine made.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It is the same lens as Vivitar 35mm F1.9, Komine made

I have a feeling it is a Kino made lens, judging from the images I found on the net and after comparing it to my Vivitar 28mm 2.5 (Kino made). Whatever, my copy (OM mount) is a very good one, as you can see here: .
at www.pbase.com/jajong/pana35mm
Apparently it was marketed for a very short time as far as I can gather from the Panagor brochures I found at Boggy's website:
at www.boggys.co.uk/page83.htm
Cheers,
Jan

Last edited by jajong on Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:49 pm; edited 4 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the composition of #3 and that statue in the 1st is really lifelike, thanks for sharing them.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSalles wrote:
The last shot is great!

Renato

Nice dog indeed.