Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Overexposure or overprocessing or lazy shutter?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Overexposure or overprocessing or lazy shutter? Reply with quote

Don't understand this:

Canon AF, 1/160, F8

Zenit B, 1/125, F8

Same light same subject. Is the Canon AF metering so much off or did I overprocess it or is the shutter just unreliable?

Processed with Agfa APX 400 D-76 for 8 minutes. Followed the Tri-X suggestion because didn't find the right time for Agfa. This one suggests 10½ minutes: http://web.tiscali.it/visualphoto/films/agfa-apx400.html that could also be the case because I messed somewhat with the tank Embarassed .

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does the actual B&W negative look like, and who printed/scanned it?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather say the Zenit was wrong. Wink

Have you used the same lens? Don't laugh. F8 is not f8 with different lenses.
And 1/125s lets more light through than 1/160s. Cool

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I overcooked the film. Dark room temperature closer to 25 than 20 so I pressed the film by 2-3 stops. Shocked

That is actually good because good thermometers are cheaper than exposure meters. (Is there any below 100 € new)