Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Osawa Tominon EL f4 60mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Osawa Tominon EL f4 60mm Reply with quote

Hi folks

I just bought one of these cheap and can't find any info about it. I am guessing it's for 6x6. It's a wide angle lens like the Scneider Componon-WA so I'm guessing it's a similar Angulon-like type.

Anyone got any info, any spec sheets, owned one and used it?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Ian,

I hope you know it is a modified Biogon for 6x6 (hence why its protrudes at its rear so much)? Rare beast, tack sharp.

Also sold as Hoya WA f4 60mm, results are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/sets/72157638515492304/

As you mentioned "one of these" - is there more??

Last edited by kds315* on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Klaus, I didn't know it was the same lens as the Hoya, I knew it was rare because I haven't seen one before and I keep a close eye on the enlarging lenses section of ebay as people tend to list all sorts of unusual little lenses in there from time to time.

Do you mean a modified Biogon type, rather than Biotar?

The seller only had one, he seemed to have obtained a large number of enlarger lenses in a job lot or clearance as he was selling a load of rodagons of various types and other brands too. I only paid 9ukp inc postage for the Tominon so I'm quite happy.

I doubt it will cover 6x9 at distance, so I'll probably just use it on bellows on my digital cameras.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Biogon of course, doing too much at the same time... Wink

Quite a good price, I paid $40 for mine in the US, still not that bad.