Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Openar 20mm f1.8 Meopta C mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Openar 20mm f1.8 Meopta C mount Reply with quote

wide open

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the 40/1.8 and i love it--i actually thought it had more 'pop' than the nokton 34/1.4 that costs 2.5times as much. i sold the nokton and kept the meopta!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have it but don't like it. Very mushy image even stopped down.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Have it but don't like it. Very mushy image even stopped down.

I think it vignettes to much on m 4/3 :wink

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a lens is good I don't mind this amount of vignetting, but this lens is sadly not good ..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
If a lens is good I don't mind this amount of vignetting, but this lens is sadly not good ..

I agree with the IQ, the 80mm is better and very compact, I have not tested the 40mm yet Wink

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Above 25mm I think almost any lens is good like cheap TV lenses are also good ones. Just same than on SLR lenses , easy to make normal and short telephoto lenses.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

attila, i thought i would take a shot at the new uploading engine by putting up a few shots from my meopta openar 40/1.8 because i really like the results, and tbh, i really couldnt tell from your photo the capability of the 20mm, but everyone seems not to like it. i find the 40 sharp and with pop. hopefully, the uploading will show what i see!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yours is perfect Tony right, I will give a chance more for 20mm I did test in hurry at market. Hopefully it will be better in second chance.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks attila, the new uploading works great! i really like the 40mm, i like it even better than the nokton 35/1.4 i had as i think the meopta has more pop to it, especially since it sells for less than half the nokton.

maybe the 20 isnt as good, but i would definitely like to see more!
tony

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome, thank you too for this sample it did change my mind about this lens.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today we had beautiful day with plenty of sunshine, blue sky etc. It was nearly ideal for testing. I did take out Openar I have to say this is a good lens for all people who like something , small an extra lens on their micro 4/3 camera. Thank you again Tony!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wide open

stopped down

Other shoots are here.

http://forum.mflenses.com/meopta-openar-20mm-f1-8-c-mount-panasonic-g1-budapest-t37200.html