Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus Pen lovers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Olympus Pen lovers Reply with quote

For all the Oly Pen lovers out there- check this out

http://www.engadget.com/2009/04/03/olympus-plans-50-year-anniversary-party-for-diminutive-pen-camer/

http://74.125.93.132/translate_c?hl=...cr6VoftZvvnZ3Q

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, the Pen FT, brings back such great memories. My only camera from '72 through '85. Such fond memories.

Thank you!

The second link doesn't work for me...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm inspired to celebrate: some slides I've either scanned or photographed free-hand, taken with the Pen FT in '72-'74. Now that I've got my bellows / slide copier figured out, I'll probably re-shoot these sometime soon.

Interesting pages from the manual:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.excite-webtl.jp/world/english/web/?wb_url=http%3A%2F%2Fhomepage1.nifty.com%2Folympuspen%2Fcamgal%2Fcamgalindex.htm&wb_lp=JAEN&wb_dis=2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nesster for sharing your memories. Is the fifth photo shot in Iran, the architechture and specially the blue tiles resembles Persian style.

I am thinking of gettin my hands on a Pen (its has such a great cult following...never have tried half frame earlier though)

Thanks again

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering if this means that they'll market that micro-4/3 cam as a PEN. But it wouldn't be a PEN if it's not half-frame.

WAIT.

micro-4/3 = 0.5 x Full Frame.

HOLY COW Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hope not !!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shiladitya wrote:
Thanks Nesster for sharing your memories. Is the fifth photo shot in Iran, the architechture and specially the blue tiles resembles Persian style.

I am thinking of gettin my hands on a Pen (its has such a great cult following...never have tried half frame earlier though)

Thanks again

Oh thank you!

That's the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem.

The thing with 1/2 frame, first, 72 frames is a really long way to go for a roll... and all film defects become all the more critical.

Unfortunately I lost all my negatives. I still have the 35mm enlarger lens though.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like last one "cute kid" photo. Remind me to my child hood, great capture!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait. they were still making Pens into the EIGHTIES?????????

what planet was that on?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pen F series production was stopped 1972.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taunusreiter wrote:
Pen F series production was stopped 1972.

Your classic camera website is fantastic.

Thanks. Rino

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. It took some time for me to discover the Pen F's. And I just have these two cameras (FT and FV) plus a handful lenses. With a newly added 38/2.8 (the initial prime lens which was quickly cancelled) now I need the F camera to complete the series.
It's a great camera for kid portraits. I love shooting with the upright 2/3 format, plus the close focus of 0,35m. It's very much like a Barnack Leica except it has a much better finder...

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I am going to join the PEN-lovers club. I got a FT a couple of weeks ago with the 38mm and 70mm lens and got this week my first slide film back from developing. I must say that I love this little camera.
It`s very good for shooting small series since you have double the frames.
I got some half format slide mounts and will see how these perform.

Test pic with some flowers from my garden:

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Looks excellent performer!

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pen FT lenses squeezes the grain out of the film and challange the best scanners.

This is a 2/3 crop of a picture taken with the 40/1.4, at f/2.8-4