Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Olympus 21mm f3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Olympus 21mm f3.5 Reply with quote

I'm thinking of buying this lens, but I can't find as much information on the Internet as I expected. Could you give me some information about it? I'd like to "hear" about your experience with it and some shots if you have it. I already seen the info of it in MFlenses page, but I'm still looking for some more opinions. Thanks for your time Wink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you see gallery too ? Andy F16Sunshine also have it , one of the best ~20mm lens on affordable price.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did, but what would be really great to see is some 100% crops. Anybody could give me some?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On film hi-res
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/filmcamera/Olympusom2n_sensia/
On Olympus E-1 maximum resolution
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/japenese/Olympus_Om/olympus_om_21mm_f3_5/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!
Didn't notice they were in maximum resolution Embarassed

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

np , I thought that.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I'm still willing to listen to more opinions Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If nobody answer PM to Andy F16Sunshine he have it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Great lens Reply with quote

I bought one from Andy (could have been his only one?), it's a great lens, no doubt. And so tiny! Really a spectacular piece of glass, higher-contrast than the 21/2 I think. Well worth having if you can find one in good shape.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Rodrigo,
affordable (<300 Euro), tiny WA lens, useable even wide open at FF, but expect some CA (even @ F11) in the corners; you won't see them at crop cameras. (Wink)
Mediocre lens at crop, IMHO not worth the money, it needs FF sensor (as far I can see in Attilas and my own Canon D60 pictures of the lens). In terms of contrast and sharpness lightyears better than any Flektogon 20mm (I love them and own four different copies of 20/4 and one 20/2.8, just for sentimentality) Send me your e-mail-adress via PM and I send you some high-res pics on FF.

PS. Winner in terms of distortion compared to any fixfocal I know is Sigma 12-24, sad but true. Working aperture (sharp corners) of the Sigma@FF: F16 - the same like Flektogon 20/4.

Last edited by Martin on Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:47 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice description Martin Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin wrote:
...Send me your e-mail-adress via PM and I send you some high-res pics on FF.

We want too!
Isn't it possiple to upload to somewher and share it with everybody Smile