Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Old photographic equipment :)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Old photographic equipment :) Reply with quote

Today I took some photos of my old equipment. I used Zuiko Digital 14-42 (sorry, colleagues!). But... I turned off the AF to use MF Smile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. But since a huge part of the objects is black, I would have chosen another background colour to increase contrast.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT group of camera equipment!

If you ever get "tired" of the 50/3.5, just let me know and I'll be glad to take you out of your misery.... Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:
If you ever get "tired" of the 50/3.5, just let me know and I'll be glad to take you out of your misery.... Laughing

Laughing I love this Tessar... tiny lens with strong character! This type of Tessar is not-produced since 1952, but it's still a great lens.

Carsten - thank you for your opinion! I'll try to use another material as the background. What do you think about some types of steel sheet (matte or corrugated sheet)?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Praktica does look nice, I like these finders.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Carsten. Light is ok, but backgroud should not be black.

Your Praktica looks great. My MTL5B looks cheap and ugly in comparison. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the one hand yes, a lighter background would give more contrast; on the other hand, the dark background sets a certain mood and makes the shiny metal parts come out well.

I wonder if a similar effect could be achieved with a dark but not black background (maroon? dark purple? deep emerald green?) together with reflectors to put some light on otherwise flat shadow areas.

Not that I have any expertise with this sort of advertising-like product shot.