Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Old Fujica to Leica M?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:47 pm    Post subject: Old Fujica to Leica M? Reply with quote

Guys looking to pick your brains on this one, I have a need to adapt an old Porst 50mm f1.2 (old Fujica x) to leica M. I know the adapter doesn't exist for that yet, I have a EF to leica M, M42 to Leica M and and OM to Leica M ams wonder if any of you know a workaround?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a tough one. I'd look into taking fujica mount from old camera or another adapter and putting it on a canon fd to Leica m adapter using a 1.5mm spacer. (Or some such contraption)

https://www.graphics.cornell.edu/~westin/misc/mounts-by-register.html

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make your own with the mount from Fujica X adapter?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was worried you'd suggest making my own 😂, if that's the only option it'll have to do though, thanks for making it easier with the canon and spacer dimensions

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The back focus is really short, 43.5 shorter than canon EOS and a little longer than FD. But there are no adaptors to FD otherwise your problem would be solved.

definitely a do-it-yourself job

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if I could swap the plate from my Fujica to E mount adapter on to a minolta to leica M?

They share the same flange distance, I should have said this is for a Techart Pro Lmea9 adapter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caledonia84 wrote:
I wonder if I could swap the plate from my Fujica to E mount adapter on to a minolta to leica M?

They share the same flange distance, I should have said this is for a Techart Pro Lmea9 adapter

Check the Mount diameter and Locking pin position.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caledonia84 wrote:

its the first possibility but the plates may not be matching sizes or thicknesses, but there's only one way to find out...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caledonia84 wrote:

That information is suspect. The old long-standing list at https://www.graphics.cornell.edu/~westin/misc/mounts-by-register.html indicates 43.72 not 43.5...

EDIT: Wikipedia list has 43.5 which is probably correct. Now I recall the westin list under scrutiny revealed sometimes film thickness was included; sometimes not.

Last edited by visualopsins on Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

0.22mm difference is should not caused any problem on the LM adapter and EA9 combo unless the LM adapter is thicker than usual.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah very interesting! I agree I think .22 of a difference will be within the techarts tolerances as it does act as an extension tube for closer focus when needed.

Looks like the Mamiya would be a better fit though 🤔