Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Old camera experts needed (what is this ?)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Old camera experts needed (what is this ?) Reply with quote

I've found this :

Does anyone know something about this {camera/lenses} ? I'm totally noob on this kind of stuff...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8mm film camera with D mount lenses...if you want to use the lenses, you will have to get a Pentax Q cam but if you want to use it to make film, then it's probably a good one if you can found the 8mm film Very Happy .....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh ! I tought at least it would be usable on NEX or other such cams. So I assume it don't has a great value...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarbonR wrote:
Argh ! I tought at least it would be usable on NEX or other such cams. So I assume it don't has a great value...

Well, it stil be nice dans la vitrine Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lévêque LD8, rated highly by the French and supposed to be a very good double 8 mm camera. In the same class as the Bolex H8 (non-reflex). Still somewhat valuable, look on ebay.fr and leboncoin.fr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of the same brand I own the Cinor 25/0.95 which would almost cover MFT I think. It's an interesting lens. Tiny and beautiful with massive distortion and extremely flare prone but quite sharp and with beautiful colours. Here's a sample of what it can do:

wide open:

stopped down:

The full pic on the NEX looks like this:

So the moral of the story - those 50 year old lenses can still deliver the goods!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some CINOR lenses but am not impressed with them....

P.S.: I wasn't sure if it was about "experts of old cameras" or "old experts of cameras" oh well Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
P.S.: I wasn't sure if it was about "experts of old cameras" or "old experts of cameras" oh well Wink

Laughing both! Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danfromm wrote:
Lévêque LD8, rated highly by the French and supposed to be a very good double 8 mm camera. In the same class as the Bolex H8 (non-reflex). Still somewhat valuable, look on ebay.fr and leboncoin.fr

Indeed, after some research, there is nothing at less than 150€ !

kds315* wrote:
I have some CINOR lenses but am not impressed with them....

I'm even accepting old experts of old cameras Razz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danfromm wrote:

Yes, Pierre Lévêque was the maker. The D stands for Double (Eight). Carefully built cameras but some details of the design are disputable.

http://www.cameravideo.net/forum/pratique-films-argentiques-transferts-vers-dv-dvd/956-un-article-une-video-pierre-leveque-inventeur-de-ld8.html