Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Old and new.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Old and new. Reply with quote

Hello,
I have several images from my home village from the 1950's to the '80s and I am planning to do some side by side shots of the same scene. At the moment I am about to decide how I should do this. I am not sure if I should try to find the same spot and the same focal length to get a shot which is about the same than the original or to shot the scene from a slightly differnet angle which is more suitable IMO.

Rather bad scan from the windwill - picture from about 1955

Shot from a different angle.
Bessa R with Heliar 2.5/75

[/img]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A second one of my old school.

(Please excuse the bad quality of the scanned images from the past. I haven't done them by myself and only got small jpg's up to now. I will have to redo it properly)

Pentacon six with 50mm Flektogon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Nice comparison, and great b&w rendition, pic 1&2 especially show the same place but with modern tools Very Happy What's the film used ?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Ianus. Very interesting project. I think it's a good way to evaluate how time have changed the environment around us, how the fashion have changed, and last but not least how ourselves have changed. Even what have not changed... Interesting thoughts rise form such comparison. Long ago a British member proposed a similar project, if my memory is not failing me (or maybe it was somewhere else).

Cheers, Marty.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...but with modern tools Very Happy What's the film used ?

Film was a Kodak BW 400CN in the Bessa and a TMax 400 in the Pentacon six (Btw. the P6 is older than this school building --> modern tools Wink )

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi, Ianus. Very interesting project. I think it's a good way to evaluate how time have changed the environment around us, how the fashion have changed, and last but not least how ourselves have changed. Even what have not changed... Interesting thoughts rise form such comparison. Long ago a British member proposed a similar project, if my memory is not failing me (or maybe it was somewhere else).

Thanks for your comment. I realised that some of the places of my childhood are allready gone and some changed completly (e.g. my first school is now the fire departement). So I thought it might be a good idea to collect old photographs of those places and add some new shots of my own. I will see where this idea leads me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the tones in the last one.

The early scans look great. Very `of their time'.