Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

NSFW Music Video Shot with OM Lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: NSFW Music Video Shot with OM Lenses Reply with quote

Not sure if this is OK to post here as it is rather NSFW (and if it isn't OK, moderators, please feel free to delete the thread), but as I shot this music video for the band Xiu Xiu entirely with legacy glass, I figured I'd share here

Shot on a Canon T3i (with Magic Lantern) using Olympus OM lenses (24/2.8 & 50/1.4 with de-clicked apertures, and a 28/2 currently still unaltered)

Edit: and I should probably state that it's NSFW due to nudity, violence, and sadomasochism

https://vimeo.com/87060887

Last edited by strangelove on Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, not my cup of tea Wink
*IQ looks good

I do not recommend watching this if you have a bad hart or similar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
Well, not my cup of tea Wink
*IQ looks good

I do not recommend watching this if you have a bad hart or similar

yeah, after I posted it, I realized I should have put a clearer warning (just updated)

as for the IQ, this is actually somewhat compressed because the band didn't have a paid Vimeo account, so I had to downrez to 720p, but thanks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed this: well done, it suits the song very well.
Editing works, even if - being an editor myself I'm a bit picky - maybe I would have chosen a different approach.

I used to be a fan of xiu xiu, their "beautiful muscles" is one of my favorite "rock" albums. I also went to a festival in Spain mainly to see them performing live, but I lost some interest in music in the last years, and haven't been hearing about them since a while.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aanything wrote:
I missed this: well done, it suits the song very well.
Editing works, even if - being an editor myself I'm a bit picky - maybe I would have chosen a different approach.

thanks! most of my experience is in continuity editing, with some more structured montage projects in school, so this was an experiment to push myself outside of my own comfort zones (in more ways than one).

Aanything wrote:
I used to be a fan of xiu xiu, their "beautiful muscles" is one of my favorite "rock" albums. I also went to a festival in Spain mainly to see them performing live, but I lost some interest in music in the last years, and haven't been hearing about them since a while.

I'm a big follower of the band (I used to run their official message board and even have a tattoo), so it's nice to know someone else on here has similar tastes Smile and I totally understand losing interest in following new bands - I still go to the local music festival here in LA (Coachella) every year, but I find that I make it to less and less individual concerts, especially for new artists

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photography wise it looks good, audio wise I only lasted about a minute before I couldn't take any more. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:
Photography wise it looks good, audio wise I only lasted about a minute before I couldn't take any more. Laughing

yeah, Xiu Xiu isn't for everybody Wink