Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Novoflex reflex housing for Leica
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject: Novoflex reflex housing for Leica Reply with quote

I have bought an M39 Novoflex reflex housing for Leica, it comes with a bellows and some extension rings. I was hoping the bellows could be used on their own, but they're designed to be attached to the reflex unit and won't attach directly to a camera or adaptor as they have no M39 male fit. Bummer.

I have with it a couple of extension rings plus one labelled 'LEIHEK' this has M39 male and a finer thread female on the front. What was that for?

The reflex unit is nice and I've figured out that the mirror is flipped up with pressure on a pair of tiny buttons on the camera end. Would there have been some sort of cable release mechanism here? As the buttons are tiny and it's terribly fiddly.

I have had no luck finding anything about this system online save for a one sentence mention in Novoflex's website and a slew of sales. can anyone recommend a good website for this?

back of the reflex housing showing the tiny button for flipping up the mirror

the mystery adaptor

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to a 1974 Novoflex brochure, "LEIHEK" is an adapter ring for using "Leitz Hektor and Elmar 135mm lens head" with the bellows. I'm no Leitz expert. Did some Leitz lenses have a detachable lens head?

This source (German language) also mentions and shows "LEIHEK".

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for that, the name LEIHEK tells you. Yes Leica made several lenses which had removable heads. I have only one presently, the 9cm Elmar. The head of this lens has a regular M39 screw fit. The front thread of the LEIHEK has a wider screw with a finer pitch. I wondered if it was for Novoflex lens heads only.

I have no problem fitting lenses and using this item, which I want to, but need to know if there's an accessory which allows me to raise the mirror prior to taking a picture. The Leitz PLOOT and Visoflex 1 have a manual trigger or a double cable release system and the Visoflex 2 has an arm which when pressed triggers the camera and the mirror lift. But this thing has two tiny buttons which are fiddly to use.