Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon 180mm F2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Nikon 180mm F2.8 Reply with quote

I have a question.
How is this lens? I have seen a few portraits from this lens and they look pretty good.
I have a Nikon Ftn and some lens, and have used them on the 20D with good results.
Comments/advice welcome.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: Nikon 180mm F2.8 Reply with quote

Bob wrote:
I have a question.
How is this lens? I have seen a few portraits from this lens and they look pretty good.
I have a Nikon Ftn and some lens, and have used them on the 20D with good results.
Comments/advice welcome.

Which model. ED or non-ED.... Nikkor-R or some other...
Usually you can not go wrong with this lens.. one of the nest in this category...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ED version.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob wrote:
ED version.

ED is top of the line in this... I heard its better than any other in this range (180-200mm), except Leica...
The old Nikkor-R (or H) version is said to be copy of Sonnar.. and I used that, is also great lens.. plus not that heavy as Pentacon...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 180/2.8 with ED is reputed to be one of the best made by Nikon ever. I have the AF version and really love it - sharp, contrasty, nice colours and lovely OOF. And it is also fairly small.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both lens Nikkon 180mm f2.8 ED and Carl Zeiss Jena 180mm in every variant zebra, MC etc. They are equal, no difference between them look at them in gallery.