Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon 180mm F2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Nikon 180mm F2.8 Reply with quote

I have a question.
How is this lens? I have seen a few portraits from this lens and they look pretty good.
I have a Nikon Ftn and some lens, and have used them on the 20D with good results.
Comments/advice welcome.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: Nikon 180mm F2.8 Reply with quote

Bob wrote:
I have a question.
How is this lens? I have seen a few portraits from this lens and they look pretty good.
I have a Nikon Ftn and some lens, and have used them on the 20D with good results.
Comments/advice welcome.

Which model. ED or non-ED.... Nikkor-R or some other...
Usually you can not go wrong with this lens.. one of the nest in this category...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ED version.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob wrote:
ED version.

ED is top of the line in this... I heard its better than any other in this range (180-200mm), except Leica...
The old Nikkor-R (or H) version is said to be copy of Sonnar.. and I used that, is also great lens.. plus not that heavy as Pentacon...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 180/2.8 with ED is reputed to be one of the best made by Nikon ever. I have the AF version and really love it - sharp, contrasty, nice colours and lovely OOF. And it is also fairly small.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both lens Nikkon 180mm f2.8 ED and Carl Zeiss Jena 180mm in every variant zebra, MC etc. They are equal, no difference between them look at them in gallery.