Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor-H.C 85mm f/1.8 vs Sun-Cosmicar 22.5-90/1.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject: Nikkor-H.C 85mm f/1.8 vs Sun-Cosmicar 22.5-90/1.5 Reply with quote

Of course, not a fair comparison, but I was curious how the Sun-Cosmicar holds up against one of my favorite vintage lenses: the Nikkor-H.C 85mm f/1.8. Not a serious comparison, but for fun.

100% crops:

Bucketloads of CA with the Nikkor @ f/1.8. The Sun-Cosmicar actually does better until F/2.
From F/2.8 and up, the Nikkor is the clear winner. The Sun has more vibrant colors though.

Some bokeh shots:

The Sun-Cosmicar has a smaller image circle and it shows. Bokeh more creamy in the Nikkor. A lot of '3D pop' as well!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sun performance here is surprising!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Indeed!

I can't get that lens out of my head after the several thread on it. But I will resist Mr. Green (especially since I have no M43 camera)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very creditable performance! Especially at f/2.

The main advantage of the Nikkor is coverage, that is, full frame.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sjak wrote:
visualopsins wrote:
Indeed!

I can't get that lens out of my head after the several thread on it. But I will resist Mr. Green (especially since I have no M43 camera)

I’m always open for a exchange proposal. The lens is great, but a little to bulky for me to carry around Wink

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Nikkor is as soft as my S.C 55/1.2, glad I never got around to getting it.
Thanks for the test.