Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Night shot of clouds question.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Night shot of clouds question. Reply with quote

I have been taking some shots of the moon lately, when it is not so bad weather.

My question is; I get good shots of the moon and with good detail, but how do I best setup for getting shots including the cloud in the foreground?

I have tried many changes but I feel I am missing something fundamental!

Embarassed

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some sample of shots you've tried and what it is about them you'd like to improve would be very useful.

Clouds in front of the moon present two main challenges, they're backlit by a bright light source and they're usually moving quite fast. The backlighting is the biggest problem.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot see your shots, George Sad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlindGirl wrote:
I cannot see your shots, George Sad

I didn't post any!

I was suggesting that if Arminius posted some of his examples he is not happy with, it would be easier to give ideas how to improve.

I tend to compromise on the moon exposure if I want cloud detail, slightly overexposing the moon. Sometimes you get the right type of cloud and the exposure diffrence isn't so big.