Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Next to Picasso, with Super Takumar 3.5/35
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:26 am    Post subject: Next to Picasso, with Super Takumar 3.5/35 Reply with quote

This lens is often considered as a good landscape shooter, for its sharpness. But you often use just what is on your camera at that particular moment. Back to pre-Covid 2018.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the first one.
yes, a lens attached on camera is all we got, no matter what moment we must use it, that's how we can maximize it's potential

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Iaza!

The biggest pain is when you have a lens too long or too short for your subject. That's frustrating. Otherwise a 35mm on Nex crop inside a building was a quite pleasant option.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:
Thank you, Iaza!

The biggest pain is when you have a lens too long or too short for your subject. That's frustrating. Otherwise a 35mm on Nex crop inside a building was a quite pleasant option.

"Normal"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots! I like the first photo especially.
I like to take photos in an art gallery. People looking at art is an interesting subject.
Usually I have to set the ISO pretty high to do it though.
Unfortunately, they are now closed.
I have the same lens. I have not used it very much, but I took it out recently.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
I like to take photos in an art gallery. People looking at art is an interesting subject.

Are you familiar with Thomas Struth, uddhava? I love his gallery shots, like the 'Galleria Academia, Venice.' If not, it might give you some pleasure while they are all shut.

One of my favourite lenses on fuji apsc, alex. Nicely done.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
uddhava wrote:

Are you familiar with Thomas Struth, uddhava? I love his gallery shots, like the 'Galleria Academia, Venice.' If not, it might give you some pleasure while they are all shut.

One of my favourite lenses on fuji apsc, alex. Nicely done.

No I have never heard of him, but now I am enjoying looking at his gallery photos.
Thank you for mentioning him.
I also use my art gallery photos as a reference for my artwork.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="uddhava"]
Sciolist wrote:

No I have never heard of him, but now I am enjoying looking at his gallery photos.
Thank you for mentioning him.
I also use my art gallery photos as a reference for my artwork.

You're welcome. He was part of a group known as 'The Dusseldorf School', with Candida Hofer, Andreas Gursky, Thomas Ruff and Axel Hutte. Struth could wait for ages for the right combination of people to mimic the painting in front of them. Quite clever, and works to my eye.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Uddhava and Sciolist!

Shooting expo spectators is very entertaining, I like that much when have some some time visiting art spaces. One may celarly see that Thomas Struth waited more than usual to catch perfect geometry performed by the spectators.

Uddhava, you shot very relaxing landscapes. You are lucky to have places like that around you. Thanks for sharing.