Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

NEX adapter recommendations?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: NEX adapter recommendations? Reply with quote

I want to get adapter for Pen F, Pentax K and M42 lenses for NEX ( maybe also for M39 )

I am thinking of getting PEN F to NEX and a Pentax K to NEX adapter and for M42 lenses to use my M42 > Pentax K adapter I already have
or is it better to get 3 NEX adapters?
or only one Pen F to NEX adapter and an additional Pentax K to Pen F adapter?

and most importantly: which brand / sellers would you recommend? is there any seller / brand which I should avoid? - I would love to get cheap Chinese adapters Wink

thank you very much for any input,
cheers,
Andreas

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of my adaptors have come from cheap chinese ones and have been excellent only had an issue with an olympus one or i think i do as three lenses would not reach infinity.
I have used weakpotoman, and Big-is
I have M42
Konica AR adaptor from Big is (perfect)
Olympus (weakpotoman) replaced with a roxseen one will test today as it arrived today
Minolta MD (Big is)Perfect
M42 (Big IS)Perfect
Yashica (Weakpotoman) Perfect
Pentax PK (Big is ) has not arrived so cant offer feedback.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my experience it's always better to have a dedicated adapter. Sometimes the stacked adapters are loose and do not click correctly, sometimes infinity is not reached, sometimes they just do not fit together. You will save yourself some troubles if you get separate Nex adapters for every lens type.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always use stacked adapters with EOS-NEX (thanks for gift Stefan), except the lens isn't fit in EOS like Konica, Leica screw & c mount. So far I have no trouble. Using stacked adapters prevent from touching sensor directly if we're in hurry.
Adapters which has problem I know is C-mount, 'coz there's different register length of each lenses. Smart seller offer various adapter for this adapter not only one, to avoid complain.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andreas, I bought for my NEX 5 few adapters, 2 of cheaper Chinese manu and 3 or 4 Kipon which are also Chinese as far as I know but very well and better manufactured and the price is perhaps 10 €/pcs more.

Wink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For M42, I recommend cheap adjustable adapter like this Click here to see on Ebay. You can adjust infinity focus and turn aperture markings pointing upwards.

PK adapter from big-is/weakpotoman wasn't as good quality. Focuses way past infinity, not as easily adjustable and a bit loose fit.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you VERY much Eddieitman, Stefan, IAZA, Rolf and Riku for sharing your very valuable experience, thank you very much for your kind help!

Stacking can be good for keeping an adapter mounted can help to protect the sensor, I understand. However because my 'shortest' will be a Pen F and adapters for K / M42 to Pen F seem not readily available, and since my M42 > K adapter may be busy on my Pentax camera, I shall opt for individual adapters

I like the M42 adapter from Big-Is linked from Riku though I will go for the set for + 2 usd including two M42 pieces, one with inner flange for non auto lenses and another without flange: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=400223530004
Eddieitman made good experience with the Big-Is too. As I have a few of these lenses I may get an OM and Nikon F adapter too but after Riku's warning not their K mount adapter. ( and I had to notice their 1.4/25 and 1.7/35 C mount lenses for abt. 28 usd each. anyone tried them? )

Pen F to NEX I have to buy from another seller though, found 3 different for less than 20 usd + free shipping each. They all look pretty much the same, and each seller has a K mount adapter for little money too

Rolf though the Kipon adapter must be better build in total + shipping they would cost substantially more. I hope that the cheap ones, at least most of them, will work just as well.

Once I have my adapters I shall come back and share my experience.

thank again everybody,
best greetings and regards,
Andreas

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update i tested the Roxseen OM adaptor last night and it does go way past infinity but i prefer this as it gives room for lenses that may not be 100% the original one i had would not even reach infinity.

My BIg is one i got for m42 also came with two flanges you can change with an alan key

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have lots of adapters for m4/3 and NEX... here are my opinions:

RJ Adapter - My M42-m4/3 adapter is solid, but focuses way past infinity, and the Minolta MD adapter is VERY loose, and also focuses way past infinity (crap)

Cirrus - OM - m4/3, maybe the most solid adapter I have, but the lens attachment is VERY stiff

Kiwifotos - MD-NEX, wow! this adapter is very well made, the material looks like is better quality and lens attachment is perfect, no play and focuses spot on.

Big_is - Konica-NEX, looks cheap, it's light, but it works... just a little bit of play, but works fine.

Quality lens - MD-NEX, the adapter looks the same as from Big_is, lens attachment is a bit stiff, but I prefer the Kiwifotos adapter.

Now I'm waiting for 2 adapters from FOTGA (MD-m4/3 and Konica-m4/3), when I receive I'll post here my comments!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:
Just an update i tested the Roxseen OM adaptor last night and it does go way past infinity but i prefer this as it gives room for lenses that may not be 100% the original one i had would not even reach infinity.

Most adapter past infinity, due buyer not send it back about infinity problems. I don't like much this due need to focusing with wide angle lenses , which is inconvience with wide angle lenses. All of my next adapter branded Pixco past infinity.
I have KIWI branded adapters for SAmsung NX accurate infinity spot on , much pleasant to use them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
eddieitman wrote:

Most adapter past infinity, due buyer not send it back about infinity problems. I don't like much this due need to focusing with wide angle lenses , which is inconvience with wide angle lenses. All of my next adapter branded Pixco past infinity.
I have KIWI branded adapters for SAmsung NX accurate infinity spot on , much pleasant to use them.

Yeah, this KIWI adapter is pretty good, but hard to find for the more popular mounts...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big_is (Konica): works fine with Hexanons, but on all my Vivitar it's a bit too loose (doesn't lock)
Fotasy (Konica) looks same like Fotga: no problems at all, but could be a little bit tighter on the NEX side
Nipon (Canon FD): works fine, screws for tripod was a bit loose
Metabones (Leica M): just perfect, wished they had adapters for Konica and Canon.. would be my first choice even they are much more expensive

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as promised here my report about cheap adapters I bought on ebay from China for 10 to 15 Euro incl. free shipping:

from seller 'Big-Is':
M42, Nikon F and Olympus OM: all are very nice!
specially like this M42 adapter!

from seller 'bondscamera':
Pentax K: a bit tight to mount the lens, but still ok
Olympus Pen-F: not good!

from seller 'adplo':
Minolta MD, Olympus Pen-F: both good

and btw. lens rear caps from seller 'in.camera' are ok, but the camera body cap that came in a set with a lens rear cap from seller 'tiger.foto' is useless, it doesn't lock nor stay but falls off the camera

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tedat wrote:
Big_is (Konica): works fine with Hexanons, but on all my Vivitar it's a bit too loose (doesn't lock)
Fotasy (Konica) looks same like Fotga: no problems at all, but could be a little bit tighter on the NEX side
Nipon (Canon FD): works fine, screws for tripod was a bit loose
Metabones (Leica M): just perfect, wished they had adapters for Konica and Canon.. would be my first choice even they are much more expensive

got a few more:

fashionbollys (M39): works fine
maxsuperdeal (Minolta AF): just perfect, has a aperture control ring on the adapter
Nipon (Contax/Yashica): fits great, not too tight and not too loose.. just perfect! I'm thinking it's a Kipon clone