Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New(old) lens! CZJ Pancolar 1.8/50
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: New(old) lens! CZJ Pancolar 1.8/50 Reply with quote

I am slowly increasing my lens collection by adding CZJ lenses as advised by other members here. I don't have so much money so I try to find a bargain or reasonably priced lens. This one I got for $32 which is not too bad, however the aperture was stuck when I bought it.
I cleaned the blades off and it worked for a while, but now it is sticking again(it won't close all of the way) and I notice oil left on the blades or reappearing. Maybe I will need to clean it a few times.
I took some test shots and it seems okay besides the above problem.
Please comment.

Last edited by uddhava on Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:57 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it seem like a good copy? Embarassed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have the 2/50 pancolar, and your images remind me of its ability to reproduce nice color especially the blue skies. What do you think of your lens do you like it?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my monitor it looks good to me. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I only have the 2/50 pancolar, and your images remind me of its ability to reproduce nice color especially the blue skies. What do you think of your lens do you like it?

Yes, and I think you are correct the colors(including the sky as you mention) are looking good. I like the look of the lens, it focuses
smoothly and the aperture clicks nicely except it doesn't close all of the way. I cleaned the blades and it worked properly for a while,
but now it is sticking again and I am seeing more oil on the blades. perhaps I need to clean it a few times or have it cleaned at the shop.
I like that it opens to 1.8 since my eyes aren't what they used to be.

Thanks for the comment.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens looks like it performs really well and is infact a good copy,
Take a look at the 2nd picture the level of detail in the branches for the corner, I have one and i had to clean mine several times before it worked correctly.
$32 is an excellent price as well these are going for a lot more normally

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
On my monitor it looks good to me. Smile

Great! Glad to hear it. I am new so it's good to get the opinions of the more experienced. Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddieitman wrote:
The lens looks like it performs really well and is infact a good copy,
Take a look at the 2nd picture the level of detail in the branches for the corner, I have one and i had to clean mine several times before it worked correctly.
$32 is an excellent price as well these are going for a lot more normally

Okay, thanks. And what you are saying will help me to determine if a certain lens is good.
Nice to have some sunshine during the long winter. actually I am not originally from Hungary, but from Southern California so I am missing the sun. Besides that I can not see so well to focus when it is cloudy.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried three copies of CZJ 50/1.8 Pancolar MC. Two were MC in white and a third one was red MC. I noticed that wide open the red MC is the sharpest one and with better microcontrast. That was just my experience. And after all, I sold the white ones and I left with none (cause the red MC was not mine)
Conclusion: do not make comparisons with lenses, which not are yours Smile))

Let's guess - your copy is zebra one(not MC)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

izvar wrote:
I tried three copies of CZJ 50/1.8 Pancolar MC. Two were MC in white and a third one was red MC. I noticed that wide open the red MC is the sharpest one and with better microcontrast. That was just my experience. And after all, I sold the white ones and I left with none (cause the red MC was not mine)
Conclusion: do not make comparisons with lenses, which not are yours Smile))

Let's guess - your copy is zebra one(not MC)

Your correct! It is the zebra. How did you know that?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt that because I have other zebras from CZJ
Less contrast and some vintage rendering...