Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New film arrived
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: New film arrived Reply with quote

Got a 5-pack of Kodak TMax 100 ASA today, gonna shoot some black and white! Smile Now just to choose the cameras... this is getting to be the hard part, to pick 5 cameras for the film Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like t-max for portraiture because it has a really smooth feel. It is heavy on the black and white extremes though so watch for that. Have you shot alot of tri-x in the past? I still end up always coming back to that.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
I like t-max for portraiture because it has a really smooth feel. It is heavy on the black and white extremes though so watch for that. Have you shot alot of tri-x in the past? I still end up always coming back to that.

Not a lot of tri-x, 5 rolls (3 developed so far) Smile I liked it, but wanted to try something 100 asa. Thanks for the the warning on heavy black and heavy white.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way back when I was an active shooter with our local newspaper, I shot TONS of 400 asa Tri-X...It's a darn good B&W film with alot of latitude...If you know development & processing, it can be shot anywhere from about 50 asa up to 1600 asa with no problem. Then the 3200 T-Max came along, which was perfect for indoor sports shooters.