Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Never let a gang of drunken monkeys..
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Never let a gang of drunken monkeys.. Reply with quote

..repair your lens. I bought this one for a little over 5 dollars on ebay...some one tried cleaning and forgot how or was just not capable of doing the repair. The focus collar is stuck solid and the aperture blades are messed up good. The repair will be around a hundred dollars or so. Oh Well!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eeeep! Did you send it off for "repair" or was it "repaired" by the person who sold it to you? Unreal.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a. What lens is it ? It must be a nice one if its worth $100 to fix.

b. Maybe you can get it fixed for less ? Displaced preset aperture blades aren't that hard to fix. Frozen helicals also can be easy - not to say they are always easy.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrek wrote:
Eeeep! Did you send it off for "repair" or was it "repaired" by the person who sold it to you? Unreal.

Fixed by the person that sold it on ebay.
I may fix it myself as the cost to repair would be from 85-100 dollars. It is this lens...

A Vivitar 135mm f/3.5 Preset lens. Not really worth the extra repair costs. Got another I'm looking at right now for lots less money. Was hoping to put it beside my 135mm f/2.8 preset Vivitar and get closer to completing the series.