Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Name and shame yourself! Unused lenses...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sima 100mm F2 Soft Focus Macro Lens. A very "rare" lens.

Vega 90mm F2.8. It's a pain in the ass to focus without a confirmation chip on a Canon 350D.

Yashica 50mm ML 1.4. I got this lens for 20 dollars in mint condition and haven't got the adaptor to try it yet. Sad

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: Shrek Reply with quote

My goodness you have a better lens collection of lenses you have never tried than I have in my "best kit"

It is summer here so If you want someone to run them thru their paces... Just let me know!

I think every lens I have has been on the camera once... sadly many only made it there for a test series and then the next lens would hit the mail box...

Bless me MFLenses for I have sinned... It has been 4 months since my last lens purchase.
I think that has got to be a record. And if Shrek would just send me a handful of his 'never seen the camera' lenses, I would be fine till next summer Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: Name and shame yourself! Unused lenses... Reply with quote

Shrek wrote:

1. Tamron SP 90/2.5

Bingo, we have a pair. I bought this from a seller on eBay, after a few interesting exchanges following a lens I bought from him, when he mentioned this one about to go on sale. He seemed reliable and knowledgeable, so I took a punt, as they say, when he offered it to me for a fair (not below market) price, and bought it directly. He also included the macro attachment. I read often of its good reputation, but simply haven't had (or perhaps made) an opportunity to try it. Perhaps having the 85 and 100 CZ Sonnars very close to that focal length are making me forget it's there. I must resolve to give it a spin.

I also have a Nikon 100mm Series E that's still to have an outing. I'm now getting scared to scan the inventory spreadsheet in case I find more that aren't earning their keep...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
I have not come to play around with these rather new lenses a lot:

- Nikkor-UD Auto 3.5/20 (What a shame!)

Hah! Have changed that today! Very nice lens!

One shot of today:

Very difficult light, strong sun from the right and no hood!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my own, i have the following ones, bought, used once or twice:

CZJ Flektogon 20/4 (have a Flektogon 20/2.8 now),
Pentacon 29/2.8 (have an FA-31 Limited now),
Nikkor 28/2.8 Ai (too short to be used with my adapter),
Meyer Domiplan 50 (use my Tessar 50/2.8 on my bellows now),
Pentax 28-80 (use a Pentax-A 35-105 now)

... Maybe time to go to the marketplace or start trading ...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few that just sit and wait... Shocked Smile

1. Helios - 44M 58mm f/2

2. Sears/Sekor SX 55mm 1.8 (needs modified for use)

3. Sears 135mm 2.8 PK mount (Im just not interested in this one)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You ever get around to using the Domiplan spiralcity?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
You ever get around to using the Domiplan spiralcity?

Yes, thanks for sending the lens.

I took a handful of shots with it to test it out. I'll probally take a few more just to be certain of my opinion on this lens. I havent tried it wide open.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't fishing for another thank you, but thanks back at ya. I was only curious as to your impressions. I never had gotten around to using it so I figured it was much better off with someone else. Be sure to post the results should you have the opportunity!

~Marc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't feel ashamed about not using my Prinz Galaxy 400mm as it is an absolute POS. There's a couple of ignored zoom Soligors I keep meaning to pop onto Ebay as well.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

themoleman342 wrote:
I wasn't fishing for another thank you, but thanks back at ya. I was only curious as to your impressions. I never had gotten around to using it so I figured it was much better off with someone else. Be sure to post the results should you have the opportunity!

~Marc

I'll see if I can get a few pics over the weekend.

BTW, I didnt think you were fishing for a thank you... Smile