Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mystery lens (Ensinor 24/2.8 macro)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Mystery lens (Ensinor 24/2.8 macro) Reply with quote

Today I received a mystery lens ... an Ensinor 24/2.8 macro. I never heard of it before, so I didn't want to pay more than 10 euros for it. Seems that I made a decent purchase:

Anyone who knows more about this specific lens? Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice indeed, but I've never heard of it.. I will now look though. Wink

Is it on a bellows?

Edit: Ah, found it - not on bellows.

http://www.wholesaledigital.co.za/ensinor242.8.htm

Is that the one?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the last one has great contrast. did you postprocess it in any way?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, they were all processed with Canon DPP, "Standard" picture style and default sharpening setting. For the last one, I put contrast to +1.
Quote:
http://www.wholesaledigital.co.za/ensinor242.8.htm

Yes, that was the only reference that I could find as well.

A lucky find, I guess.

Here is a real macro shot Laughing
http://u1.ipernity.com/11/52/19/5165219.24caf73f.1024.jpg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb lens - congrats.
I found this:

http://www.pentaxuser.co.uk/forum/topic/Who-was-Ensinor-any-history-please-5330

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MF-addicted wrote:

http://www.pentaxuser.co.uk/forum/topic/Who-was-Ensinor-any-history-please-5330

Thanks! I wonder how popular they were at the time.

Still doesn't reveal who made them though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could it be made by Chinon?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice pictures ..

what camera did you use ?

thanks

tf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trifox wrote:
very nice pictures ..

what camera did you use ?

Canon 30D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Mystery lens (Ensinor 24/2.8 macro) Reply with quote

I like this very much. This is the first time I hear that lens.

It makes the pen very desirable. I don't have that one but I do have a few older Pelikan with Günther Wagner and D.R.P engraved on them. I guess, like my MF lens, I enjoy using the older pens (as long as they don't leak Smile )

eeyore_nl wrote:
Today I received a mystery lens ... an Ensinor 24/2.8 macro. I never heard of it before, so I didn't want to pay more than 10 euros for it. Seems that I made a decent purchase:

Anyone who knows more about this specific lens? Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystery lens (Ensinor 24/2.8 macro) Reply with quote

bawang wrote:
I don't have that one but I do have a few older Pelikan with Günther Wagner and D.R.P engraved on them. I guess, like my MF lens, I enjoy using the older pens (as long as they don't leak Smile )

This is an older Pelikan 400 Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about my question if the third pic of you first set was postprocessed in any way?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

supahmario wrote:
how about my question if the third pic of you first set was postprocessed in any way?

How about reading my answer above? Laughing

Quote:
Yes, they were all processed with Canon DPP, "Standard" picture style and default sharpening setting. For the last one, I put contrast to +1.

But if you mean post processing in Photoshop? No, I only adjusted contrast and picture style in Canon DPP. The pictures were shot in RAW.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats for this great lens and beautiful pictures! I love really pen picture!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, lens seems to be very sharp and have good colors.
A good find for that money.

Wide angel macro can be very nice.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fine. Love the pen's photo. Nice exposure.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more, obviously post processed Wink

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not easy to find out about the lens but I read good reports about it before. I had one that came with a Zenit body but it was too badly damaged to be any use I'm afraid. Such a pity it does look to be good, I think martinsmith99 has got one too. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am bumping up the thread.

I also got an Ensinor 24/2.8 in M42 mount.

I also found out that this lens is sold as Super Paragon and perhaps the manufacturer is Ozone (it is sold as OZECK) ...

According to our member PBfacts Ozone is a manufacturer of high quality low-cost lenses ...

Quote:

Ozeck / Super Ozeck is the trademark used by Ozone optical (wich usually sell it's production to other major trade marks : soligor, vivitar ...)
Quality is usually very good

[/quote]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

to PBfacts ...

Can you provide more info on OZONE OPTICAL / OZECK ?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens and I'm comparing it to a 3.5/24 Super Tak. I think the Ensinor is at least equal to it if not a bit better.

This lens is also sold under the Clubman brand.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it's a fine walkaround lens too, at least on a Canon 1.6x crop camera Smile

http://u1.ipernity.com/14/12/13/7081213.920988e8.1024.jpg

The Ensinor is light, sharp, has reasonably good colors, virtually no distortion, and doesn't flare. Good lens, I would say.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I've been looking for the Ensinor a while and, randomly, just found one of these in "Super Paragon" guise in my "lenses for fixing box" Surprised I clearly have too much stuff Laughing

Anyway, I'm preusming it's the same lens...it has macro up to 1:4. I always thought it was a Makinon? Anyway, I need to fix the iris (stuck wide open) and change the mount from FD to Y/C or M42, so I'll soon be looking for other Super Paragons to rob parts from!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrek wrote:

Anyway, I'm preusming it's the same lens...it has macro up to 1:4. I always thought it was a Makinon? Anyway, I need to fix the iris (stuck wide open) and change the mount from FD to Y/C or M42, so I'll soon be looking for other Super Paragons to rob parts from!

Actually I had guessed that the lens was made by Cima Kogaku, but your thoughts may very well be valid too. Let us hear how you like the lens, once it is fixed Smile

Edit: from Wikipedia:

Cima Kogaku had a patented[5] system that allowed them to build common lens bodies, and add the appropriate lens mount at the factory. The Pentax version was only K mount, not KA mount. They mostly sold their lenses on an OEM basis, with them sold under a variety of different brands. In the UK, they were sold by Photax as Super-Paragon PMC lenses. Tokyo Kogaku sold them as AM Topcor lenses for their Topcon RM300 camera. Cima Kogaku also sold them directly under the Cimko brand. (Some of the lenses below may not have ever been sold under the Cimko brand.)

Might be reasonable that we both have a Cima Kogaku lens then.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeyore_nl wrote:
Shrek wrote:

Actually I had guessed that the lens was made by Cima Kogaku, but your thoughts may very well be valid too. Let us hear how you like the lens, once it is fixed Smile

Edit: from Wikipedia:

Cima Kogaku had a patented[5] system that allowed them to build common lens bodies, and add the appropriate lens mount at the factory. The Pentax version was only K mount, not KA mount. They mostly sold their lenses on an OEM basis, with them sold under a variety of different brands. In the UK, they were sold by Photax as Super-Paragon PMC lenses. Tokyo Kogaku sold them as AM Topcor lenses for their Topcon RM300 camera. Cima Kogaku also sold them directly under the Cimko brand. (Some of the lenses below may not have ever been sold under the Cimko brand.)

Might be reasonable that we both have a Cima Kogaku lens then.

Apologies, you are correct, I meant Cimko.