Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

mystery item - bellows and enormous lens(?)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: mystery item - bellows and enormous lens(?) Reply with quote

An odd bellows contraption showed up on my local kijiji this morning. Does anyone recognize this beast?

http://moncton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-cameras-camcorders-CAMERA-APPARATES-W0QQAdIdZ274974815#

The ad's picture is terrible, but if the lens on the front of that bellows is normal sized, the glass on the back must be almost the size of a dinner plate!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no direct knowledge. Two pictures only, but the first suggested to me a fixing to some sort of hull (boat, or more probably aircraft). However, when I saw the second, there is a lens on the end of the bellows "inside" the hull, so no idea really.

Looks like a big bit of glass on one end, but not sure if that's worth £50 Smile

I shall watch this thread with interest in case someone does know its true purpose.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's condensing lens from enlarger. Not really a "lens".

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:

+1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, looks like the condensing lens and enlarging lens of a enlarger.
Bellows between, and the place where a negative carrier could be places in. Looks like about 4x5".

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:

+1

Klaus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoneV wrote:
Yes, looks like the condensing lens and enlarging lens of a enlarger.
Bellows between, and the place where a negative carrier could be places in. Looks like about 4x5".

+1 ...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for info everyone!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like someone went shopping here
http://www.surplusshed.com/lens.cfm