Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My latest purchase - Steinheil Munchen 35mm 1:4.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: My latest purchase - Steinheil Munchen 35mm 1:4.5 Reply with quote

Just to show my latest aquisition attached to my Pentax K-x, a really nice Steinheil Munchen Culmigon 35mm f1:4.5.

The lens is an Exakta mount which is connected to my Pentax using an infinity Minolta MD → PK mount and then the Minolta e-adaptor.

I am very impressed with this lens, purchased it the other day along with an E. Ludwig Meritar 2.9/5.0 which is also in the Exakta mount and also seems to be a very nice sharp lens.

For what I paid, I am extremely impressed with both of these lenses.

Last edited by zelda_n64 on Tue May 21, 2013 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you get infinity with this setup?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya,

Yes, the MD → PK adaptor has a glass lens in it to give infinity. It is also the fairly rare official Minolta E-adaptor that I use, infinity is possible with this setup.

I also have some MD lenses (45mm Rokkor and a Panagor 200mm) that I use with just the MD→PK daptor and it works great. It probably may go past infinity, but it focuses on the moon lovely.

One thing about the Steinheil & E. Ludwig, they both have a green paint or something on the back, visible on the picture below. I am unsure of its function but it creates a nice seal. It looks like it is factory applied.

Last edited by zelda_n64 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip !
I didn't notice that there were such glass adapters for PK, I will definitely get one !

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is worth getting one from that well known auction site around £18 GBP delivered.

Just look for MD to PK and up from China they should pop. Just make sure it has the optical glass as some have no glass.

All the best with yours when it arrives as there is some great Minolta Rokkor MD lenses out there.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So where is the results?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments.

I will put a couple of unaltered photo's up on the weekend, when I am being not so hectic. Posted the above with my mobile phone whilst I remembered.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick photo taken late this windy afternoon with the Steinheil Munchen 35mm on my Pentax:

The photo has only been cropped, straight off the camera.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: A crop Reply with quote

Just to show a crop of a photo taken with this lens today.

Straight off the camera and resized.

ISO 200, 1/320 sec, unsure of fstop as was using pre-set dial.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb glass!