Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My first SLR film since 1991! Superia 200 on a Praktica BX20
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: My first SLR film since 1991! Superia 200 on a Praktica BX20 Reply with quote

As above, I haven't shot a roll of film through an SLR for 18 years, but my DSLRs and this forum have heightened my interest once more!

This was a test roll really, no amaing composition...would shots be much different coming from a film SLR? I used Fujifilm Superia 200 with my trusty old Praktica BX20 (PB mount) with a few lenses from my collection. I have scanned the prints, so quality isn't brilliant and I needed to unsharp mask a bit, but all colours are original Smile The sun was very harsh in all photos and I had no hoods Sad

Carl Zeiss Sonnar 135/3.5 @ f3.5

Carl Zeiss Sonnar 135/3.5 @ f5.6

Carl Zeiss Sonnar 135/3.5 @ f5.6 (I think!)

Carl Zeiss Sonnar 135/3.5 @ f3.5 (I think!)

Tamron Adaptamatic 35/2.8 @ f8

Helios 44-2 @ f4 (I think!)

Helios 44-2 @ f4 (I think!)

Helios 44-2 @ f2.8 (I think!)

Carl Zeiss Sonnar 135/3.5 @ f5.6

OK, not stellar photos by any means, but they certainly have a different look and feel to those photos produced by my DSLRs! I struggled with overexposure and made a few schoolboy errors, but I think some of them are presentable at least.

As far as the lenses go, the Sonnar didn't perform anything like as nicely as it does on a DSLR - a real surprise! To me, the bokeh was too busy and nowhere near as creamy as normal (apart from the flowers).

The Tamron Adaptamatic produced some amazing colours! It was shown up on a DSLR as having low resolution, but on a film body I thought it did OK.

The Helios 44-2 performed as expected, a great lens!

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For first test ok to use cheap film , now time to get work some nice slides like Provia or Velvia and you will see awesome result.

Some of them really great even if we see cheap film I just imagine duck and flower on slides..