Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My first MF slides
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: My first MF slides Reply with quote

By the end of last year I took my first medium format slides and they will not be the last ones. Nothing comparable to 35mm slides. Unfortunately the slides are loosing a bit by bringing them into the computer.
The only problem I have now is where to get a good (affordable) projector for it.

The pictures are nothing special, just in my garden and around the corner in the park.

Camera was my old Rolleicord Va feeded with Fuji Provia 100F.

Last edited by IANUS on Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems you found your camera , I especially like first one.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing saturation!

I would have done a bit of color correction. The grays have a purple cast. This is usually a simple "one-click" operation in the image processing software I use.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the last one

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments.

Quote:
I would have done a bit of color correction. The grays have a purple cast. This is usually a simple "one-click" operation in the image processing software I use.

I changed the pictures and did a bit of colour correction but I must admit that my photoshop skills are only at the beginner level.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, definitely more neutral colored now. I get the same sort of purple cast from scanning when I shoot with Ektar print film.

But I tell you what, after seeing the sort of saturation you're getting, I've got to give Provia F a try.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes, definitely more neutral colored now.

First one was done with my notebook - altering colours there is allways a bit of a lottery. My other PC has a calibrated monitor which I should have used in the first place.

Quote:
I've got to give Provia F a try.

You definitely should. Although a bit more expensive than the consumer slide films but very fine grain and I like the colours.
Provia 400X is also worth a try.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love the reds in the first photo. Nice!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely! what lens did you use?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
lovely! what lens did you use?

The Rolleicord has a (fixed) Schneider Xenar 3.5/75mm lens. Tessar type I suppose.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, i didnt know that; nice lens!