Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My first 'expensive' MF Lens! + Samples
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: My first 'expensive' MF Lens! + Samples Reply with quote

*drumroll*

SMC Takumar 50/1.4

So yea, found out about the beauty of these lenses a month or 2 ago. Since then I got a Helios 44M and some others by bargain prices, or even for free!
But now, I actually had to spend a 'noticable' amount of money on this beauty. I managed to pick it up for 80€ and it comes complete with original sunhood! Also it appears to be in mint condition and I can't see any scratch!

Here's some sample shots including my 2 pet rats. The colours aren't very accurate as I used the flash on my Canon 450D but the results in terms of sharpness are there! Also the flash kinda gives a funky silverish effect on their fur. But shiny fur means that they are in good healthy condition!

@ f1.4

@ f8.0

@ f8.0 - 100% Crop
[/b]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah the Takumar 50. the usual first choice. not as cool as the 1.8 55, but a great lens. Wink be careful, Takumars can become an addiction.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm, maybe I should get this lens Idea

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats! nice pets
now that you got a great lens, maybe it is time to forget flash
I have 2 years to use my 380x ( I should remove batteries Idea )

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce wrote:

you should. and then other Takumars. lots of other Takumars. and be thankful Asahi Optical put out such great lenses for their Pentax cameras. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Séamuis wrote:
Bruce wrote:

you should. and then other Takumars. lots of other Takumars. and be thankful Asahi Optical put out such great lenses for their Pentax cameras. Wink

+1, eventually you will have 135mm or 35mm or 24mm.... from Taks. SMC versions are typically better.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh Another lunatic addict

patrickh Smile Smile Smile

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a fine piece of glass! Congrats!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AAAHHG!!! Another poor soul is devoured by the Asahi passion. It won't end you know.....How many fifties does one man need....?? Soon you'll have more than the 7 I have.........Too late my friend....way too late.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmmmm....

It's a decent lens, but I was expecting something EXPENSIVE! Shocked Very Happy

I found this lens on ebay for 40.00 USD, so not too expensive at all.

BTW, I liked your samples... Smile