Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My dream Canon L glass + EOS adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: My dream Canon L glass + EOS adapter Reply with quote

http://www.luciolepri.it/lc2/marcocavina/articoli_fotografici/Canon_200_1,8L_con_FD-EOS_converter/00_pag.htm

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Green

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic, it's no wonder why those Genuine FD to EOS adapters fetch so much money, looks like no perceivable quality loss.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ONly problem is that you are losing about a half of a stop of light and extending the lens 1.26x. So you are left with a 250mm f2.3. Still awesome, but not quite the same and almost puts you in competition with the many excellent 200mm f2.8's.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worry not about that half a stop.
Or, do worry about it and send me the beauty. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! I'm fortunate enough to have an authentic FD-EOS adapter for the macro lenses. I also have an actual EOS-M Adaptall-2 mount.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a Canon adaptor on ebay for almost $1400. Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBaker wrote:
There's a Canon adaptor on ebay for almost $1400. Shocked

Shocked Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you who do not speak Italian, let me translate for you the last sentence of the page, which in my opinion encloses the whole spirit of manual focussing:

"Guys, we're reanimating corpses here, and instead of slowly staggering with arms in front of them, they're running the 100 mt dash in 10''40!"

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
Worry not about that half a stop.
Or, do worry about it and send me the beauty. Very Happy

I am not saying it is not a very fine lens, even with the adapter. But it is also not cheap and while it is "only a half stop", it is only another half again until you are into the f2.8 prime territory. F2.8 primes are cheap, fairly abundant, and also excellent. So then this becomes a LOT of money for 1/2 a stop.

I mean, you could get a Leica 180mm f2.8 for the price of the adapter, or a CY Zeiss 180mm f2.8 for half the price.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loooks spectacular, it would be nice to change the mount, so it can be used without this adapter.

I use 135L on a cropped 350D body and it gives me effective f around 200mm at F2 and the IQ is outstanding. I can mount it on a 1.4x extender - to get real 196mm at F2.8 and still pretty good IQ.