Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My collection so far.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:12 am    Post subject: My collection so far. Reply with quote

I've been accused of "Bottom Feeding" on my camera purchases...and that may be true. I've really developed an affinity for mid to late 50's to mid 60's rangefinders and SLR's. They are just made so well and feel SOOO good when holding and using them. I was almost totally through with film when the folks here enticed me back into it. Oh well here they are....Like the time I posted my lens collection I had to endure my wife's cries of Are All those yours?!!! And What do you need with all of those?!! We collectors are much maligned...Aren't we?? Laughing

As before...if the powers that be think this needs to be moved then please do so. I won't object.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a sweet collection with a good range... You do know that you have to keep each limber by shooting a roll or two periodically... so with this bunch, 2 a month will get each one used twice a year. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
That's a sweet collection with a good range... You do know that you have to keep each limber by shooting a roll or two periodically... so with this bunch, 2 a month will get each one used twice a year. Wink

And right now as we are saving up to finally concrete the driveway this spring all I can afford is one -two rolls a month. Laughing Laughing

The Spotmatic F suffers from sitting on a shelf for over 20 years. Pristine cosmetically but stiff and stuck. It was a gift from a friend and came with the 50mm f/1.8 lens that is stuck as well. I bet my friend didn't run over a roll or two through it in all the time he had it.

I going to try the Retina Automatic in a day or two...don't know how well the "Zone" focusing will work though.

Got to get batteries for several before I try them.

After the concrete drive is through I'll send the Kodak medalist to Grizzly Mountain for an overhaul to 120 film and get that pesky lever next to the shutter release button removed so it won't hang up when loading film. It has the best rangefinder of the bunch.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pressman is my favorite of the group and the aluminum lens board is the absolute best.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmelvis wrote:
The pressman is my favorite of the group and the aluminum lens board is the absolute best.

Thanks. That lens board is an original but I make them myself as well. All aluminum and polished.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
Nesster wrote:

And right now as we are saving up to finally concrete the driveway this spring all I can afford is one -two rolls a month. Laughing Laughing

The Spotmatic F suffers from sitting on a shelf for over 20 years. Pristine cosmetically but stiff and stuck. It was a gift from a friend and came with the 50mm f/1.8 lens that is stuck as well. I bet my friend didn't run over a roll or two through it in all the time he had it.

I going to try the Retina Automatic in a day or two...don't know how well the "Zone" focusing will work though.

After the concrete drive is through I'll send the Kodak medalist to Grizzly Mountain for an overhaul to 120 film and get that pesky lever next to the shutter release button removed so it won't hang up when loading film. It has the best rangefinder of the bunch.

For 35mm you can give at least 3 cameras a work out on one roll of film..I do this many times by changing the film to different cameras.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:
Nesster wrote:

For 35mm you can give at least 3 cameras a work out on one roll of film..I do this many times by changing the film to different cameras.

Might give that a try one day.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Aires and the Konica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have pics talen with both???????

COngrats, all are splendid cams

Rino.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
The Aires and the Konica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have pics talen with both???????

COngrats, all are splendid cams

Rino.

Yes and both are superb shooters. The Aires has the smoothest quietest shutter I've ever used. The Konica has a better rangefinder patch. The Voightlander has the best of both.