Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My cats as seen through Sears 50mm f/1.7 on Canon 60D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: My cats as seen through Sears 50mm f/1.7 on Canon 60D Reply with quote

Yoda is a grateful model, always ready to pose:

Original lighting

A different approach on WB

It has been a year since we rescued this bunch (mother and 2 newborns) so I made them a present. Here they are checking it out.

Padmé (the mother from above photos) was seriously abused before we rescued her and she was in really poor shape when we took her home. She's much better now, she's cheerful and all, but she's not what you would call a confident and relaxed cat. I think this portrait perfectly pictures her character.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What wonderful cat shots! The portraits especially + the action shots are wonderful!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1! Awesome models.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the back lighting on first two and congratulations on perfect focus on 3rd Smile
I start to thinking of borrowing some cats from my friends to play with my MF lenses now Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the drinking one is great

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick1779 wrote:
the drinking one is great

+1

The Sears looks like a good performer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomLord wrote:
I start to thinking of borrowing some cats from my friends to play with my MF lenses now Very Happy

Very Happy When they are not sleeping, I find cats to be difficult subjects. Especially indoors at close distance with a strobe. Sometimes I compare my results from year ago with what I'm capable of doing now. Even though I'm still the same weekend-photographer I was, I can clearly see that I've walked a long distance. I guess that's what you'd call: the experience Smile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, applies not only to shooting cats Wink