Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My cameras and lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:28 pm    Post subject: My cameras and lenses Reply with quote

I was home sick for most of this week and had nothing to do so I decided to take photos of my thankfully still small collection of old cameras and lenses. Mostly useless junk but a few nice ones as well. Photos taken in an improvised "studio" with nothing but common kitchen items and natural light from a window, so not completely consistent from frame to frame.

Wides and such:

Normals:

Teles:

Cameras:

I didn't include some modern MF lenses and a couple of cameras didn't fit in the 3x3 panel but other than that, this is all I have so far. I hope not to buy any more of this kind of stuff for at least a little while. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice collection, good photos. I photograph my cameras etc against white, but I must admit black looks nice. And I will use it next time.

I hope you dont mind me suggesting a slightly lower angle, and more to the front would be better for the cameras. Easier to see details.

One of mine:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics. Did you add the vignetting in pp ? What king of panel did you use ?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice set, ready to open a store if you want!
I even recognize some lenses we both have,

Cheers,

Renato

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. But does anyone recognize all of them? Smile

I used an A3 size piece of black paper for the background (I put it flat on a table with a piece of glass on top). That's the reason for the high angle. If it was any lower, the edge of the paper would be visible. I'd need a much larger piece of black paper to get a seamless background with a lower angle, but didn't have any. I added the vignette in post. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well photographed!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Not exactly perfect, but for me good enough for a quick improvised attempt. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I planned to do something like you did, very well captured for a collection Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miran wrote:
Thanks. But does anyone recognize all of them? Smile

I used an A3 size piece of black paper for the background (I put it flat on a table with a piece of glass on top). That's the reason for the high angle. If it was any lower, the edge of the paper would be visible. I'd need a much larger piece of black paper to get a seamless background with a lower angle, but didn't have any. I added the vignette in post. Smile

I understand the need to keep it clean, no edges etc. I often photograph stuff on a piece of A4 paper propped up against a coffee jar. I just clone the edges out, as long as the original equipment is surrounded by the background colour it works well - for me.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A beautiful collection
And well photographed
I would not have the patience Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One year update of my humble "collection": luckily I have just a few new items since last year. Not enough for 3x3 panels like in the first post, so I'm posting individual images. I mostly managed to replicate the original "studio" environment well. Smile

The zoom:
Minolta MD Zoom 35-70mm/3.5 Macro by Miran Amon, on Flickr

Scrap metal for lo-fi vintage art photos:
Beroflex 25mm/3.5 MC Auto by Miran Amon, on Flickr

This one came free and is great:
Pentacon 135mm/2.8 Auto MC by Miran Amon, on Flickr

The most expensive item this year, but it's excellent:
Minolta MD 100mm/2.5 by Miran Amon, on Flickr

The one that does butterflies and bokeh:
Meyer-Optik Görlitz Primotar 135mm/3.5 by Miran Amon, on Flickr

Still haven't found a use for this one:
Meyer-Optik Görlitz Primotar 180mm/3.5 by Miran Amon, on Flickr

Another low end Minolta but great value:
Minolta MD W.Rokkor 35mm/2.8 by Miran Amon, on Flickr

Needs cleaning and maybe new seals but works great so far:
Minolta X-700 by Miran Amon, on Flickr

Gift for my 4 year old, still works:
Olympus mjuTough 3000 by Miran Amon, on Flickr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nicely done! Like 1 small

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Dog Like Dog

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nine of every type until your latest purchases.
Nice photos.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uddhava wrote:
Nine of every type until your latest purchases.

Laugh 1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice product shots and clever use of natural light!
Of course nice to see your lens collection too. Laugh 1

How do you like the Tokina 400/5.6?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:
How do you like the Tokina 400/5.6?

It's usable but quite difficult to use and obviously a special purpose lens. I've posted samples before, I'm sure a search will find them. In short, you need a tripod, get to the exact right distance from the subject (4-7m), light has to be right and the final photo always needs some postprocessing to look best. I've never had another lens of this kind though, so can't compare to anything. Here's my flickr album, but it doesn't contain much: https://flic.kr/s/aHsk97LEzp