Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MTO 500A 550/8.5 Russian Mirror Test
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: MTO 500A 550/8.5 Russian Mirror Test Reply with quote

I purchased this MTO 550A a few days back and took it out to test it. It resolved pretty well, although I wasn't getting great focus. The lens was spinning in the M42 adapter which made it tough to use. Is it possibly M39? I've never owned an M39 lens, the thread ptich seemed to fit, but when it is screwed in all the way it doesn't stop. I tried a T Mount adapter and it fit, but the threads don't go all the way in.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice and sharp for a mirror ...infact look good for any 500......have a look at your adaptor as on many the threaded part has 1 ar 2 screws that lock it off the reason they have them is so you can slacken them of and set your lens so its the correct way up ..it may be lose

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some better shots from this morning. I am determined to master this lens...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are getting there, the clicked on image is a lot better. You are probably a hairs breath away from perfect sharpness... Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I think you are getting there, the clicked on image is a lot better. You are probably a hairs breath away from perfect sharpness... Very Happy

You're too kind, Mo. I am trying for sure. That lens rotates in my m42 adapter, so I end up holding the base while I move the heavy manual focus ring, but I'm not lacking in desire to get better and master it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you play with these mirror lenses you need all the encouragement you can get.. Wink a fraction of a turn, a slight bump while clicking the button...you know the story.

Can you tighten the screws on the adapter? I am asumming its like a T mount adapter and you can rotate the lens to the correct position, then re tighten the screws to hold everything in place.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
When you play with these mirror lenses you need all the encouragement you can get.. Wink a fraction of a turn, a slight bump while clicking the button...you know the story.

Can you tighten the screws on the adapter? I am asumming its like a T mount adapter and you can rotate the lens to the correct position, then re tighten the screws to hold everything in place.

You were right Mo, it was the adapter that was spinning. After tightening the very tiny screws, the lens is holding firm. Thank you!