Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MTO 10/1000mm Mirror Question
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: MTO 10/1000mm Mirror Question Reply with quote

I was looking at this monster and have a question. Will it FIT on a Canon XTi?

The main concern is the built in flash overhang. I know I can mount it with an adapter if it will physically fit the front of the camera.

Eyeballing the front of the XTi -

The flash sticks out ~15mm from the mount and starts to protrude from the body ~35mm from the center of the mount- the last meaning if the lens diameter in the immediate mount area is greater than 70mm it won't fit.

Thanks for any input on this.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it will fit. There left some 2mm between flash and lens Smile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you - off to e*ay and grab it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 1000 is a beast. Can't wait to see some results.

I'd love to have that lense just for it's shear size. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one that monster but... i don`t like that picture, little contrast and sharpness, very bad results in temperature below 10°C...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shauttra wrote:
I have one that monster but... i don`t like that picture, little contrast and sharpness, very bad results in temperature below 10°C...

I have a Rubinar 1000/10, MC version, native Pentax K-mount. EXCELLENT sharpness and decent contrast for such a long mirror lens (mirror lenses tend to have lower contrast than refractive ones; this is by design, and there's really no way around it). You do need lots of light and fast shutter speed, even on a regular tripod (or a very sturdy, heavy tripod to sustan the mass of this lens).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Rubinar 1000/10 MC in M42 mount. To make it clear the flash snood on my Pentax K20D, I've added ~12mm of extension. That makes it more like a 1200/12 but it still attains infinity focus. Mirrors are weird. I'll admit that it doesn't see much action. Even on a heavy tripod, it may need sandbags for stabilization. I'll haul it along on my next multi-month drive across the SouthWest USA and use it a bit, hopefully.