Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mount Adapter Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Mount Adapter Reviews Reply with quote

Hi all,

I would like to create a single thread that, I hope, will become the most detailled and reviewed mount adapters list.

In order to achieve this, we will have to, for the adapter we own :

- the place, the vendor, the site where it can be bought
- the price we have paid, also the shipping costs
- a quick intro to tel how we are using it
- take some close pictures from both sides of the adapter, while mounted in a lens/body, and if any, of some revelant details (stop/lock pin, spring...)
- give some dimenssion details if any (thickness, ...)
- list pro and cons
- give also any specific compatibility issues (lens, camera bosy, ...), any hack we have done

I will re-arrange any entries bellow this post in mine in oder to have a single page readable with all results.

Thanks in advance for you valuable help !

Florent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reserved

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good idea, but this will need a while in my case. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any contribution are welcome !

I will make mine this week-end, on a well know cheap M42 to EOS adapter.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought all my adapter from Ebay seller Roxsen HonKong.
M42->Nikon
M42->Nikon with glass (unusable crap)
M42->Olympus 4/3
Pentax -K->Olympus 4/3
Nikon->Olympus 4/3
Yashica/Contax ->Olympus 4/3
Olympus OM ->->Olympus 4/3
All are quality pieces on fair price.
I bought an M42->EOS AF confirmed adapter, it wasn't worked. Replacement process was painful they are wasn't same polite when I bought item without problem and I never get my money BACK!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would strongly agree with Attila about the adapters...never failed in delivery and also cheap are Roxsen from Ebay Bummer about your experience, but those chip adapters I have my doubt on quality

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only got 2 types M42 -Pentax K, and M42- Yashica/Contax ,got them both from Roxsen and had no problems with either. The Y/C was real value and has an extra flange that pushes up the auto pin on an M42 lens and makes it pre-set.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use two M42-K Pentax adapters . One is made by Hama and the other by Kood. For taking both off the mount I need that metal tool.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than T-mounts, I own only one adapter at the moment: an M42 to Canon FD/FL made by Canon. Quality is very good as one might expect. Infinity focus is retained.

I am interested in purchasing a Nikon -> EOS adapter for the EOSes I own. I own several Nikkor primes, and it would be fun, I think, to use them on my EOSes. I note there are several folks on eBay selling these adapters, both chipped and manual. Anybody have any experience with any of these?

Best,

Michael

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently I purchase adapter from Big_is and Jinfinance HK sellers, I really look forward for our own branded mflenses.com adapters what is made by Alex (HK300)

I can recommend as well adapters from our member VGR for Olympus 4/3
http://oly43club.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=231

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Pentacon 6 - SLR Adapter Reply with quote

This is a P6>Nikon adapter

It's made by the Kiev Arsenal and it comes apart

Thus the main part converts the P6-lens into an "A" mount.

Here's the M42 "A" mount ring from a Jupiter 11A

It fits perfectly

and now we have a P6>M42 adapter.

Here's the P6>A with the outer ring of a T2-Nikon adapter.

In principle you could use the outer ring of any T2 adapter e.g. Pentax-K if you can't find a straight P6>K adapter.

Note 1. I've just noticed that the T2-Nikon ring is slightly thinner (~0.1-0.2 mm) than the original ring. Thus the original ring might be a shade too long. This could account for my difficulty in reaching infinity with the Kaleinar-3.
Note 2. I'm not particularly recommending this adapter for it's original purpose. I bought it when I couldn't find any on ebay. It was quite expensive and much cheaper ones are available now.
Note 3. Not all T2-X rings fit onto "A" mounts. Kood are OK.
Note 4. grizzly bear and alexphoto were/are offering the two part P6>M42 adapter.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kood M42>Nikon adapter with glass element to give infinity focusing

http://forum.mflenses.com/jupiter37a-first-outing-t9430.html

The link provides

1. examples of the use of this adapter,
2. examples of pictures taken "with" and "without" the adapter,
3. a picture of the adapter, and
4. sources.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up some silver-coloured M42 to EOS adapters from buyitjnow in China. Their thickness seems to be perfect - I have had some trouble with the varying thicknesses of different samples. The price for different suppliers of these filters seems to be about the same once you add the asking price and the shipping costs together.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex made an investigate about adapters, most of them came from same maker and seller has very small amount of profit on them a few bucks only. This is the reason why price same if you count postal cost too, they play with postal fee to get some more extra bucks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello here

I've recently bought ( May ) a Jessop M42 screw for a MD Minolta body i have ( X700 ) but it adapts to all MD's i guess.

The item was boxed, including the notice and fixing tool. How to mount it ? well its pretty simple : as if you'll fix a MD lens with the red dot, with using the fixing tool to go into the little holes and turn it clockwise. To undo its very easy as well : as if you'll undo a lens, using the same fixing tool.

workx great though ! focusing is of course in manual mode.

I got it for 2,42 £ with 1.50£ postage = about 4.. hem 3.92£ on ebay and the seller was watlinst5. excellent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to my blog, where I have a detailed review of the method I had to follow to get the Dandelion aperture and focal length settings to work with my E-510.

http://f22plus.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a programmable AF Confirm chip on M42 lenses. They can be used without being programmed, and then they just become a standard AF confirm adapter.

I programmed mine for a Panagor 135mm f2.8 and it works fine. I now get EXIF of Aperture and FL. I must use a seperate programmable AF adapter for every lens, if i want this EXIF. Otherwise i just use this adapter on any other M2 lens and its an AF confirm adapter.

It seems these AF programmable chips have the extra flange around the inner diameter which keeps the M42 pin permanently pressed.

I might start looking for an AF prgrammable chip without flange in the future, but meanwhile, i think i'll probably modify this current one so that it allows the M42 pin to remain out

and here next to a standard M42 adapter ( non AF ) with the AF program adapter on the left, showing the extra flange around inner diameter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject: Pentax AF adapter Reply with quote

Hi all: I picked up Pentax K adapter with chip in 2007 from ebay and was using it with 300D alongwith M42 Pentax ring. It was working fine. Perhaps it was Roxen as no wrapper available and nothing printed on the ring. One night its chip fell down due to hot weather or substandard glue and tried twice to fix it keeping in front drawing download from net. Now chip is silent and no sign of AF in camera. Now I am using only manual adapter without chip and even Takumars without AF. So glued AF adapters are risky and I read soewhere engraved chip adapters are available. Any advice/comments.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:29 am    Post subject: Nikon F lenses on Pentax K10D Body Reply with quote

Hi:

I have asked the same question elsewhere, but this may be the more appropriate place. I have been using my EOS 400D with mf lenses quite successfully. Now I also have a Pentax K10D body. I am using the M42 lenses with the M42 to Pentax K adapters and they are working fine.

I would like to be able to use my Nikkor lenses on the Pentax k10D, especially the Nikkor 135 F2 (Ai'd) lens. I can't seem to find any adapters without a corrective optic in them, which presumably degrades the IQ. Given that the registry distances of Nikkor/Nikon F mount is 46mm and about 1.4mm longer than the M42/Pentax K mounts, why do we need corrective optics? Are there any Nikon F to Pentax K Body adapters without corrective lenses or should I use a Nikon F to M42 and then an M42 to Pentax K adapter in sequence to mount it?

How come there aren't any OM to Pentax K adapters? OM Zuko lenses registry distance is 46.5mm; so given that it is almost 1.9mm more than the registry of Pentax K and M42 mount cameras, an adapter should be feasible? Am I right in my reasoning or have I gone off the ball park?

Please help me with the above. It would be really, really appreciated.

Regards,

Pramod

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a AF chipped version of 'C/Y to EOS' adapter from Alex. Worked great with the Contax Distagon 28/2.8 I got recently.

My older recently 'M42 to EOS' chip died, looks like I need to find another one.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of Roxsen adapters fro M42>Canon EOS.

They are nicely made but there is movement between the lens and the body, 5D MKII. I absolutely need an adapter that has no play. I use the camera for filming and it is impossible to pull focus when the lens is loose in its mount.

Does any of you know of an adapter that fits perfect?

I also tried the HAMA, but this moves as well.

Thanks,
Bart.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikon M 42

not recommended:
bought 2 adapters M 42 to Nikon ( without lens ) from travor ( tonyzhang888 at ebay). They´re cheap and this means they´re cheap - sharp corners, will not let the go onto my cam before polish/grinding. They also have no collar for the aperture pin ( 2 weeks elivery )

recommended:
adapter from phototools24 at ebay Nikon M 42 (1 day delivery ) with collarfor the aperture pin - not cheap, but good parts

Nikon Kiev 88

bought an adapter from h o l o l at ebay good make & reasonable price
( 2 weeks delivery )

Thomas

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

the Nikon adapter from phototools24 - I assume it's the one without glass? Is there ANY good one WITH glass, or any other way to keep infinitiy when using a M42 on a Nikon (D300)?

Newbie here - just discovering the beauty of vintage MF lenses...

Thanks!
Marco

der einrahmer wrote:
Nikon M 42

recommended:
adapter from phototools24 at ebay Nikon M 42 (1 day delivery ) with collarfor the aperture pin - not cheap, but good parts

Thomas

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

makaistd wrote:
Hi,

the Nikon adapter from phototools24 - I assume it's the one without glass? Is there ANY good one WITH glass, or any other way to keep infinitiy when using a M42 on a Nikon (D300)?

Newbie here - just discovering the beauty of vintage MF lenses...

Thanks!
Marco

I remember for some quiet nice shoots with glass adapter perhaps it was made by Kenko. I am unsure.

I have one noname glass adapter, it is quiet crappy at infinity and fine in that range where is don't need Smile 0-1,5m.

As usual I buy adapters from Roxsen or Jinfinance on Ebay both are fine.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just posting a link to this so it does not disappear into nowhere after a while. I guess this is the place it would have belonged in the first place anyways.

Phototools24 Pentax-K to EOS adapter
http://forum.mflenses.com/pentax-k-to-eos-adapter-alignment-t35084.html#1102265