Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MORE SHOOTS in contests
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: MORE SHOOTS in contests Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I did modify genuine one shoot requirement for all contests, I guess more pleasant game if you can post more. Any hints for other contests ?

Hi Attila,

Is it ok to post more photos in each catergoy? Say my best of 3...

Thanks,
Simon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: MORE SHOOTS in contests Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:
Attila wrote:
I did modify genuine one shoot requirement for all contests, I guess more pleasant game if you can post more. Any hints for other contests ?

Hi Attila,

Is it ok to post more photos in each catergoy? Say my best of 3...

Thanks,
Simon

Yes, much as you want no problem.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, I can't see a place to post architectural pictures, could we have a separate category for that?

Also as many of us don't live in cities, can we post pics of our small towns or villages too?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Attila, I can't see a place to post architectural pictures, could we have a separate category for that?

Also as many of us don't live in cities, can we post pics of our small towns or villages too?

Sure , post them , if you have an idea for better names what is cover both, please let me know I will fix title.

Architectural shoots not fit into city shoots ?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, perhaps it's a matter of semantics -- meaning of the words, that is. When I think of city shots, I tend to think of groups of buildings, whereas when I think or architecture, I tend to think of exhibitions of a single building or perhaps it is even more likely to show certain aspects only of a single building. That is, elements of structure, and not the entire structure, or groups of structures.

Regarding villages vs larger cities, in English we have these two contrasting terms: rural and urban. Rural would provide the suggestion of small-town settings, and urban would provide the suggestion of the big city. Just an idea. That works pretty well, I think, until you come across small communities that are also tourist attractions, such as most of the towns along the West Coast of the US. Many of the communities are quite small, but I wouldn't consider them to be rural. So, the definitions don't universally apply.

Last edited by cooltouch on Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys for new hints and explanation especially!
I did make new contests.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, those contests are a great,great idea ! Many thanks ! I'll try to post in every sub-contest for sure ... Very Happy