Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

More Portra, my scans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:02 pm    Post subject: More Portra, my scans Reply with quote

Processing by lab, scanning by my V300. Yashica Lynx 14E/Yashinon-DX 45/f1.4, all handheld:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow
those look really good.

Seems you are improving your scanning skills Very Happy

Last edited by std on Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. That little dude does just fine with flat negs. Photoshop and other pic suites are helpful, too ...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first looks like a robot, and it is nice to see some of the others in such nice, unagressve, happy color

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, jussi.
This is my first roll of Portra - it was a gift - and I really like how it includes the atmosphere - literally - in the colors. The colors in these pics look just like they appear to me in high summer with heat above 90F and humidity about 75 percent.
Did you see the Portra shots in the thread just below this one? Please look and tell me what you think.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i always write here: i really like colours of kodak films. portra is prove of this.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw what dpi u use for scan and ho much unsharp masking you use?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Bob.
Did you know Alabama was the Czech Republic's cultural exchange partner, I think year before last?
3200 dpi. I just clicked the unsharp box, and I do not remember the figure it gave me. Then I clicked OK.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, i didnt know that.

about v300, i was testing it lot, when i have it brand new from eshop nad i found, that maximal usable resolution is around 1200-1600dpi, anything more doesnt give you better details, only bigger file woth no real bigger resolution.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try that. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob, the black and white pics of my grandniece that I posted today were scanned at 1200. If anything, they look better than stuff scanned at 3200 ...